Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Zamalek suspend Mohamed Ibrahim for disciplinary reasons
Zamalek have suspended midfielder Mohamed Ibrahim for his behaviour after the team’s match against Haras El-Hodood.
Ibrahim vented his anger at Zamalek technical staff for not participating in Tuesday’s game in gameweek 25. The 24-year-old was sideline in the game that saw Zamalek clinch a 1-0 victory over El-Hodood.
“Mohamed Ibrahim apologised for his actions after the game. However, he will still undergo investigation in order to maintain discipline within the team,” director of football Abdel-Halim Ali told the club’s official website.
Zamalek’s next game will be on Friday against Ittihad El-Shorta in Egypt Cup round of 16.
The Egyptian champions now sit second in the league table on 45 points, 11 clear of leaders Al Ahly. They will face Tala’a El-Gaish on Tuesday in gameweek 26 before visiting Ghazl El-Mahalla on May 7.