Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
EFA: We did not speak to FIFA, our resignation is ready
Egyptian Football Association (EFA) president Gamal Allam has denied resorting to FIFA regarding the case filed against the federation calling for the dissolving of the board, admitting that they are ready to resign.
FIFA have sent an official letter to the EFA threatening to suspend the country from all footballing activities if Egypt’s Supreme administrative court’s ruling to dissolve the board was implemented.
“We were surprised by FIFA’s letter, there is someone who informed them the existence of a case and therefore they inquired about the matter and whether there is a governmental interference or not,” Allam told CBC.
“We told FIFA that we do our work without any intervention, we stressed that the case against the EFA was filed a long time ago and cause no damage on Egyptian football. I assure you that we didn’t speak to FIFA to not cause any problem for sports in Egypt,” he continued
The EFA have presented an appeal against the verdict that ordered the disbanding of the board, but former Aswan club president said they will resign if their appeal was refused.
“If the Supreme Administrative Court reject the appeal no member [of the board] will stay in his place, we don’t want to put Youth and Sports minister Khaled Abdel-Aziz in difficulty and likewise the Egyptian football. Our resignation is ready.”