After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
EFA: We did not speak to FIFA, our resignation is ready
Egyptian Football Association (EFA) president Gamal Allam has denied resorting to FIFA regarding the case filed against the federation calling for the dissolving of the board, admitting that they are ready to resign.
FIFA have sent an official letter to the EFA threatening to suspend the country from all footballing activities if Egypt’s Supreme administrative court’s ruling to dissolve the board was implemented.
“We were surprised by FIFA’s letter, there is someone who informed them the existence of a case and therefore they inquired about the matter and whether there is a governmental interference or not,” Allam told CBC.
“We told FIFA that we do our work without any intervention, we stressed that the case against the EFA was filed a long time ago and cause no damage on Egyptian football. I assure you that we didn’t speak to FIFA to not cause any problem for sports in Egypt,” he continued
The EFA have presented an appeal against the verdict that ordered the disbanding of the board, but former Aswan club president said they will resign if their appeal was refused.
“If the Supreme Administrative Court reject the appeal no member [of the board] will stay in his place, we don’t want to put Youth and Sports minister Khaled Abdel-Aziz in difficulty and likewise the Egyptian football. Our resignation is ready.”