Egypt international Mohamed Salah featured in his side’s 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Lazio...
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
EFA: We did not speak to FIFA, our resignation is ready
Egyptian Football Association (EFA) president Gamal Allam has denied resorting to FIFA regarding the case filed against the federation calling for the dissolving of the board, admitting that they are ready to resign.
FIFA have sent an official letter to the EFA threatening to suspend the country from all footballing activities if Egypt’s Supreme administrative court’s ruling to dissolve the board was implemented.
“We were surprised by FIFA’s letter, there is someone who informed them the existence of a case and therefore they inquired about the matter and whether there is a governmental interference or not,” Allam told CBC.
“We told FIFA that we do our work without any intervention, we stressed that the case against the EFA was filed a long time ago and cause no damage on Egyptian football. I assure you that we didn’t speak to FIFA to not cause any problem for sports in Egypt,” he continued
The EFA have presented an appeal against the verdict that ordered the disbanding of the board, but former Aswan club president said they will resign if their appeal was refused.
“If the Supreme Administrative Court reject the appeal no member [of the board] will stay in his place, we don’t want to put Youth and Sports minister Khaled Abdel-Aziz in difficulty and likewise the Egyptian football. Our resignation is ready.”