Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
SQUASH: El Shorbagy reaches El Gouna international final
Egypt’s Mohamed El Shorbagy is through to the final, while Fares Dessouki got knocked out in the semifinals of the 5th El Gouna international tournament.
After beating Germany’s Simon Rösner 3-1 in the quarter finals, El Shorbagy was set to face Miguel Angel Rodriguez in the semi-finals.
World no.1 Mohamed El Shorbagy took just 35 minutes to knock out Rodriguez, as the Egyptian beat the Colombian 3-0 ( 11-7, 11-4 and 11-5 ), reaching his third El Gouna international final in a row.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 28, 2016
In the other semi-final, Egypt’s Fares Dessouki, who defeated Marwan El Shorbagy in the quarter-finals, suffered a 3-1 defeat against world no. 2 Gregory Gaultier. Fares won the first game 11-7 but failed to hold on as the Frenchman won three straight games ( 11-4, 11-7 and 11-3 ) to win the game in 61 minutes.
Mohamed El Shorbagy is set to face Gregory Gaultier in the final of the tournament on April 29.