Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
SQUASH: El Shorbagy reaches El Gouna international final
Egypt’s Mohamed El Shorbagy is through to the final, while Fares Dessouki got knocked out in the semifinals of the 5th El Gouna international tournament.
After beating Germany’s Simon Rösner 3-1 in the quarter finals, El Shorbagy was set to face Miguel Angel Rodriguez in the semi-finals.
World no.1 Mohamed El Shorbagy took just 35 minutes to knock out Rodriguez, as the Egyptian beat the Colombian 3-0 ( 11-7, 11-4 and 11-5 ), reaching his third El Gouna international final in a row.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 28, 2016
In the other semi-final, Egypt’s Fares Dessouki, who defeated Marwan El Shorbagy in the quarter-finals, suffered a 3-1 defeat against world no. 2 Gregory Gaultier. Fares won the first game 11-7 but failed to hold on as the Frenchman won three straight games ( 11-4, 11-7 and 11-3 ) to win the game in 61 minutes.
Mohamed El Shorbagy is set to face Gregory Gaultier in the final of the tournament on April 29.