Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
SQUASH: El Shorbagy reaches El Gouna international final
Egypt’s Mohamed El Shorbagy is through to the final, while Fares Dessouki got knocked out in the semifinals of the 5th El Gouna international tournament.
After beating Germany’s Simon Rösner 3-1 in the quarter finals, El Shorbagy was set to face Miguel Angel Rodriguez in the semi-finals.
World no.1 Mohamed El Shorbagy took just 35 minutes to knock out Rodriguez, as the Egyptian beat the Colombian 3-0 ( 11-7, 11-4 and 11-5 ), reaching his third El Gouna international final in a row.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 28, 2016
In the other semi-final, Egypt’s Fares Dessouki, who defeated Marwan El Shorbagy in the quarter-finals, suffered a 3-1 defeat against world no. 2 Gregory Gaultier. Fares won the first game 11-7 but failed to hold on as the Frenchman won three straight games ( 11-4, 11-7 and 11-3 ) to win the game in 61 minutes.
Mohamed El Shorbagy is set to face Gregory Gaultier in the final of the tournament on April 29.