Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
SQUASH: El Shorbagy, Dessouky advance to El Gouna international semifinals
Egypt’s Mohamed El Shorbagy and Fares Dessouki have reached the semifinals, while Marwan El Shorbagy and Omar Mosaad have suffered defeats to get knocked out in the quarterfinals of El Gouna international.
Mohamed El Shorbagy has beaten Germany’s Simon Rösner while Dessouki made it past fellow Egyptian Marwan El Shorbagy for Egypt to have two representatives in the semi-final of the PSA World Series tournament.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 27, 2016
World no.1 El Shorbagy managed to overcome Rösner by beating him with a 3-1 victory. By his turn, Mohamed El Shorbagy’s brother, Marwan, suffered a surprising 3-2 loss to unseeded compatriot Fares Dessouki.
On the other hand, Egypt’s Omar Mosaad fell short in a 3-1 defeat against Colombia’s Miguel Angel Rodriguez, who made it to the semifinals of El Gouna international for the first time in his career. World no. 2 Gregory Gaultier beat Ali Farag by 3-2.
El Shorbagy is set to face Rodriguez in the first semifinal game, while Dessouki will lineup against France’s Gaultier.