Ghana national team manager Avram Grant has spoken ahead of their 2017...
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
SQUASH: El Shorbagy, Dessouky advance to El Gouna international semifinals
Egypt’s Mohamed El Shorbagy and Fares Dessouki have reached the semifinals, while Marwan El Shorbagy and Omar Mosaad have suffered defeats to get knocked out in the quarterfinals of El Gouna international.
Mohamed El Shorbagy has beaten Germany’s Simon Rösner while Dessouki made it past fellow Egyptian Marwan El Shorbagy for Egypt to have two representatives in the semi-final of the PSA World Series tournament.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 27, 2016
World no.1 El Shorbagy managed to overcome Rösner by beating him with a 3-1 victory. By his turn, Mohamed El Shorbagy’s brother, Marwan, suffered a surprising 3-2 loss to unseeded compatriot Fares Dessouki.
On the other hand, Egypt’s Omar Mosaad fell short in a 3-1 defeat against Colombia’s Miguel Angel Rodriguez, who made it to the semifinals of El Gouna international for the first time in his career. World no. 2 Gregory Gaultier beat Ali Farag by 3-2.
El Shorbagy is set to face Rodriguez in the first semifinal game, while Dessouki will lineup against France’s Gaultier.