Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced that a media ban will...
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
SQUASH: El Shorbagy, Dessouky advance to El Gouna international semifinals
Egypt’s Mohamed El Shorbagy and Fares Dessouki have reached the semifinals, while Marwan El Shorbagy and Omar Mosaad have suffered defeats to get knocked out in the quarterfinals of El Gouna international.
Mohamed El Shorbagy has beaten Germany’s Simon Rösner while Dessouki made it past fellow Egyptian Marwan El Shorbagy for Egypt to have two representatives in the semi-final of the PSA World Series tournament.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 27, 2016
World no.1 El Shorbagy managed to overcome Rösner by beating him with a 3-1 victory. By his turn, Mohamed El Shorbagy’s brother, Marwan, suffered a surprising 3-2 loss to unseeded compatriot Fares Dessouki.
On the other hand, Egypt’s Omar Mosaad fell short in a 3-1 defeat against Colombia’s Miguel Angel Rodriguez, who made it to the semifinals of El Gouna international for the first time in his career. World no. 2 Gregory Gaultier beat Ali Farag by 3-2.
El Shorbagy is set to face Rodriguez in the first semifinal game, while Dessouki will lineup against France’s Gaultier.