Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
EFA: Al Ahly and Zamalek Egypt Cup matches postponed
The Egyptian Football Association has decided to postpone Egypt Cup matches for both Al Ahly and Zamalek due to security issues.
Zamalek was preparing to face Ittihad El-Shorta on Friday to book a place in quarter-finals of the Egypt Cup. The Ismaily security forces informed the EFA that they will not be able to secure the Ismaily Stadium due to Al Ahly and Zamalek facing each other in the handball Egypt Cup final.
Zamalek attempted to move the match to Petrosport Stadium in Cairo, but the city’s security forces refused to do so, and offered a different date.
Al Ahly and Haras El-Hodood’s round of 16 match was also postponed due to Suez’s security forces refusing to secure the Suez Stadium.
The match was originally scheduled to be played in Alexandria on Saturday, and after the security forces’ decision, the EFA attempted to move the venue back to Alexandria, but it was unsuccessful in doing so.
With both Al Ahly and Zamalek Egypt Cup matches postponed indefinitely, the EFA is working with security forces to find a venue for both matches.