After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
EFA: Al Ahly and Zamalek Egypt Cup matches postponed
Zamalek was preparing to face Ittihad El-Shorta on Friday to book a place in quarter-finals of the Egypt Cup. The Ismaily security forces informed the EFA that they will not be able to secure the Ismaily Stadium due to Al Ahly and Zamalek facing each other in the handball Egypt Cup final.
Zamalek attempted to move the match to Petrosport Stadium in Cairo, but the city’s security forces refused to do so, and offered a different date.
Al Ahly and Haras El-Hodood’s round of 16 match was also postponed due to Suez’s security forces refusing to secure the Suez Stadium.
The match was originally scheduled to be played in Alexandria on Saturday, and after the security forces’ decision, the EFA attempted to move the venue back to Alexandria, but it was unsuccessful in doing so.
With both Al Ahly and Zamalek Egypt Cup matches postponed indefinitely, the EFA is working with security forces to find a venue for both matches.