Speaking exclusively to KingFut.com, former Arsenal winger and current coach Robert Pires...
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
EFA: Al Ahly and Zamalek Egypt Cup matches postponed
Zamalek was preparing to face Ittihad El-Shorta on Friday to book a place in quarter-finals of the Egypt Cup. The Ismaily security forces informed the EFA that they will not be able to secure the Ismaily Stadium due to Al Ahly and Zamalek facing each other in the handball Egypt Cup final.
Zamalek attempted to move the match to Petrosport Stadium in Cairo, but the city’s security forces refused to do so, and offered a different date.
Al Ahly and Haras El-Hodood’s round of 16 match was also postponed due to Suez’s security forces refusing to secure the Suez Stadium.
The match was originally scheduled to be played in Alexandria on Saturday, and after the security forces’ decision, the EFA attempted to move the venue back to Alexandria, but it was unsuccessful in doing so.
With both Al Ahly and Zamalek Egypt Cup matches postponed indefinitely, the EFA is working with security forces to find a venue for both matches.