Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
EFA: Al Ahly and Zamalek Egypt Cup matches postponed
The Egyptian Football Association has decided to postpone Egypt Cup matches for both Al Ahly and Zamalek due to security issues.
Zamalek was preparing to face Ittihad El-Shorta on Friday to book a place in quarter-finals of the Egypt Cup. The Ismaily security forces informed the EFA that they will not be able to secure the Ismaily Stadium due to Al Ahly and Zamalek facing each other in the handball Egypt Cup final.
Zamalek attempted to move the match to Petrosport Stadium in Cairo, but the city’s security forces refused to do so, and offered a different date.
Al Ahly and Haras El-Hodood’s round of 16 match was also postponed due to Suez’s security forces refusing to secure the Suez Stadium.
The match was originally scheduled to be played in Alexandria on Saturday, and after the security forces’ decision, the EFA attempted to move the venue back to Alexandria, but it was unsuccessful in doing so.
With both Al Ahly and Zamalek Egypt Cup matches postponed indefinitely, the EFA is working with security forces to find a venue for both matches.