Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
EFA: Al Ahly and Zamalek Egypt Cup matches postponed
Zamalek was preparing to face Ittihad El-Shorta on Friday to book a place in quarter-finals of the Egypt Cup. The Ismaily security forces informed the EFA that they will not be able to secure the Ismaily Stadium due to Al Ahly and Zamalek facing each other in the handball Egypt Cup final.
Zamalek attempted to move the match to Petrosport Stadium in Cairo, but the city’s security forces refused to do so, and offered a different date.
Al Ahly and Haras El-Hodood’s round of 16 match was also postponed due to Suez’s security forces refusing to secure the Suez Stadium.
The match was originally scheduled to be played in Alexandria on Saturday, and after the security forces’ decision, the EFA attempted to move the venue back to Alexandria, but it was unsuccessful in doing so.
With both Al Ahly and Zamalek Egypt Cup matches postponed indefinitely, the EFA is working with security forces to find a venue for both matches.