Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
SQUASH: Nour El-Sherbini faces Laura Massaro in World Final
Egyptian Nour El-Sherbini will face English Laura Massaro in the final of the PSA Women’s Squash World Championship in Bukit Jalil, Malaysia.
World number two Nour El-Sherbini has beaten other Egyptian Nouran Gohar 3-0 in the semi-final stage of the tournament which featured three Egyptians to reach the final of the tournament.
The other Egyptian in the semi-finals was World number three Raneem El-Welily who faced World number one Laura Massaro in a tight match and lost 3-2.
Massaro won the first game comfortably 11-2, but then El-Welily leveled in the second game beating Massaro 11-7. El-Welily nearly took the third game before losing 9-11.
The fourth game featured fantastic efforts from the Egyptian after winning 11-6. The decisive fifth game saw Massaro win it 12-10 after a tightly contested tie-break.
Laura Massaro has talked about El-Welily in post match comments to PSA website saying: “I think Raneem and I aways have battles and she’s such a good player,
“If you don’t play her in exactly the right way then you get severely punished. She played well in patches, I played well in patches and in some ways it’s a fair result. I’ve played a World Championship semi-final on a tie-break against her before so I guess that was going through my mind because, if I had done it before, I knew I could do it again.
It’s worth noting that Massaro faced El-Sherbini in the final of this competition in 2013 and managed to beat her.