Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Three Egyptian Women reach Squash World Championship SF
Nour El-Sherbini, Nouran Gohar, and Raneem El-Welily have qualified to the semi-finals of the NAZA PSA Women’s Squash World Championship in Bukit Jalil, Malaysia.
The first quarter final was between women’s world number one Laura Massaro and number six Omneya Abdel-Kawy. Massaro won the first game 11-3 before Abdel-Kawy equalized 10-12. However, she lost the following two sets 11-8 and 11-7 to exit the tournament with a 3-1 defeat.
In the second quarter final, world number three Raneem El-Welily defeated world number seven Amanda Sobhy 3-1 to be the first Egyptian to reach the following stage. She won the first game 11-5 before losing the second game with the same score. El-Welily went on to win the last two sets 12-10 and 11-7.
The third quarter final saw world number eight Nouran Gohar eliminate world number four Camile Serme with a score 3 to 2 games. Gohar won the first two games 11-7 and 12-10, but Serme made an impressive comeback by winning the next two games 11-7 and 11-5. The fifth and final game was claimed by Gohar with a score of 11-8 to send herself to the semi-finals.
World number five Nour El-Sherbini became the third Egyptian to reach the semi-final after defeating Malaysian and world number two Nicol David 3-1. El-Sherbini won the first games 14-12 and lost the second 4-11. She then went on to win the next two rounds 11-3 and 11-7.
The first semi-final match is between Laura Massaro and Raneem El-Welily, while Nouran Gohar will face Nour El-Sherbini in the second semi-final. Both matches will be played Friday, April 29th to determine the finalists. The final will be played on April 30 and the winner will receive $185,000.