Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
HANDBALL: Zamalek beat Al Ahly in Egypt Cup final
Zamalek have clinched the 2016 Egypt Cup after beating bitter rivals Al Ahly 30-28 in the final.
The Whites reached the Egypt cup final after beating Heliopolis Sporting Club 24-22 in the semifinals, while the Reds booked a place in the final after defeating Smouha 28-24.
Al Ahly were able to end the first half on top with a score of 16-12, but the the Reds failed to hold on to their lead as the Whites turned the tables on Al Ahly in the second half, winning the game 30-28.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 29, 2016
The African champions have now completed the domestic double, after winning the Egyptian League and the cup and are set to face Espérance Sportive de Tunis in the African handball Super Cup on May 4 in Morocco.
It’s worth mentioning that Zamalek won all their matches against their rivals Al Ahly this season as they beat them twice in the Egyptian League, once in the African Champions League and in the Egypt Cup.