Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Elmohamady features as Hull fall to defeat at Bolton
Ahmed Elmohamady played the entirety of his side’s 1-0 defeat to Bolton Wanderers, in the penultimate round of the English Championship.
With fourth place already secured, the Tigers had little incentive to aim for a positive result against the already-relegated Trotters.
With 15 minutes on the clock, Elmohamady received a sweeping pass from teammate Isaac Hayden and darted down the right flank, but his cross was dealt with by the hosts’ defence.
Eight minutes later, the Egyptian found Chuba Akpom in the box, but the latter’s header failed to hit the target.
Both sides were unable to break the deadlock in the first period, and Bolton had to wait until the 65th minute to go ahead through Stephen Dobbie.
Elmohamady launched yet another cross seconds later, and this time it found Robert Snodgrass, who failed to keep his effort down.
Steve Bruce then threw on Sone Aluko and Mohamed Diamé in place of Shaun Maloney and Chuba Akpom, as the visitors sought to find a way back into the match, but the hosts held firm to clinch a victory that will serve as a morale boost, and nothing else.
Derby County are favorites to finish in fifth and set up a semi-final meeting with Hull in mid-May, in the Championship promotion play-offs.