Former Al Ahly forward Flávio da Silva Amado has been appointed as...
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
USM Alger seal Ligue 1 title, condem opponents to relegation
The capital club needed to at least match second-placed JS Saoura’s result to clinch the title with three rounds to go, seeing as the latter side have the head-to-head advantage (1-1 in Méridja, 1-2 in Algiers).
Oussama Darfalou, Mokhtar Benmoussa and Mohamed Seguer were the scorers in a straightforward win for USM Alger.
Unfortunately for the visitors, the loss means that their relegation to the Ligue 2 is now a certainty.
It is worth noting that USM Alger managed to win the league title despite losing star man Youcef Belaili to an eight-year ban at the start of the season.
Nevertheless, manager Miloud Hamdi has done brilliantly to coerce top performances from veteran striker Mohamed Seguer; the 30-year-old scored 9 times to help his side build an unassailable lead at the top of the standings.