Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
USM Alger seal Ligue 1 title, condem opponents to relegation
The capital club needed to at least match second-placed JS Saoura’s result to clinch the title with three rounds to go, seeing as the latter side have the head-to-head advantage (1-1 in Méridja, 1-2 in Algiers).
Oussama Darfalou, Mokhtar Benmoussa and Mohamed Seguer were the scorers in a straightforward win for USM Alger.
Unfortunately for the visitors, the loss means that their relegation to the Ligue 2 is now a certainty.
It is worth noting that USM Alger managed to win the league title despite losing star man Youcef Belaili to an eight-year ban at the start of the season.
Nevertheless, manager Miloud Hamdi has done brilliantly to coerce top performances from veteran striker Mohamed Seguer; the 30-year-old scored 9 times to help his side build an unassailable lead at the top of the standings.