The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
EXCLUSIVE | Hassan Shehata approached for Zamalek role
Mcleish came under fire from the club’s Chairman Mortada Mansour for not being able to put on a good team performance in recent matches.
Mansour had also fired Mcleish’s assistants from their positions within the coaching staff and appointed Mohamed Helmy and Gamal Abdel-Hameed which was seen by media outlets as a step to have the manager resign to deny himself the rights of a release clause.
With many expecting McLeish to depart after Mansour had sacked Frank Nuttal, the former Aston Villa manager decided to stay with the team, having been given a 24-hour notice to decide whether he’ll continue with the team or not.
After leaving his post as Arab Contractors Manager, Hassan Shehata spoke out saying he is open to joining Zamalek. He has since been without a job but was a strong candidate to coach the Syrian National Team.
KingFut understands Shehata was given the option to choose his own coaching staff which have been already hired by the club. He has also approached Zamalek’s ex-first team doctor, Dr. Ayman Farid to take up the role once again.
Dr. Farid’s last stint with the club was with Portugese manager Jesualdo Ferreira, winning the Egyptian League and the Cup. He had also worked with Shehata in his first period at Zamalek in 2011.
Dr. Farid also worked at the club with Egyptian managers, Ahmed “Mido” Hossam and Helmy Toulan, and is believed to have a very close relationship with the players at the club.