Egypt international Amr Warda scored his second PAOK goal as his side...
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
EXCLUSIVE | Hassan Shehata approached for Zamalek role
Mcleish came under fire from the club’s Chairman Mortada Mansour for not being able to put on a good team performance in recent matches.
Mansour had also fired Mcleish’s assistants from their positions within the coaching staff and appointed Mohamed Helmy and Gamal Abdel-Hameed which was seen by media outlets as a step to have the manager resign to deny himself the rights of a release clause.
With many expecting McLeish to depart after Mansour had sacked Frank Nuttal, the former Aston Villa manager decided to stay with the team, having been given a 24-hour notice to decide whether he’ll continue with the team or not.
After leaving his post as Arab Contractors Manager, Hassan Shehata spoke out saying he is open to joining Zamalek. He has since been without a job but was a strong candidate to coach the Syrian National Team.
KingFut understands Shehata was given the option to choose his own coaching staff which have been already hired by the club. He has also approached Zamalek’s ex-first team doctor, Dr. Ayman Farid to take up the role once again.
Dr. Farid’s last stint with the club was with Portugese manager Jesualdo Ferreira, winning the Egyptian League and the Cup. He had also worked with Shehata in his first period at Zamalek in 2011.
Dr. Farid also worked at the club with Egyptian managers, Ahmed “Mido” Hossam and Helmy Toulan, and is believed to have a very close relationship with the players at the club.