Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Zamalek receive an offer to play friendly against Villarreal
The White Knights received the offer from a marketing company which had previously organised matches between Egyptian and Spanish sides, including the Atlético vs Zamalek friendly tie in 2011 and the Al Ahly against Espanyol and Getafe matches which were held in 2013 and 2015 respectively.
The friendly match is set to be played on the 22nd or 24th of May. Also, it has been suggested that all the ticket sales will go to the Cairo based giants whilst the organising company will pocket revenues generated from the stadium ads and TV rights.
If the friendly to be held it will be the second match for Zamalek against Spanish teams following the clubs friendly against Atlético in 2011. The match turned out to be a disappointing result for the White Knights, with the Madrid based giants running out convincing 4-1 winners. The match was held as a part of Zamalek’s centennial celebrations.