Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Zamalek receive an offer to play friendly against Villarreal
The White Knights received the offer from a marketing company which had previously organised matches between Egyptian and Spanish sides, including the Atlético vs Zamalek friendly tie in 2011 and the Al Ahly against Espanyol and Getafe matches which were held in 2013 and 2015 respectively.
The friendly match is set to be played on the 22nd or 24th of May. Also, it has been suggested that all the ticket sales will go to the Cairo based giants whilst the organising company will pocket revenues generated from the stadium ads and TV rights.
If the friendly to be held it will be the second match for Zamalek against Spanish teams following the clubs friendly against Atlético in 2011. The match turned out to be a disappointing result for the White Knights, with the Madrid based giants running out convincing 4-1 winners. The match was held as a part of Zamalek’s centennial celebrations.