Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Zamalek receive an offer to play friendly against Villarreal
The White Knights received the offer from a marketing company which had previously organised matches between Egyptian and Spanish sides, including the Atlético vs Zamalek friendly tie in 2011 and the Al Ahly against Espanyol and Getafe matches which were held in 2013 and 2015 respectively.
The friendly match is set to be played on the 22nd or 24th of May. Also, it has been suggested that all the ticket sales will go to the Cairo based giants whilst the organising company will pocket revenues generated from the stadium ads and TV rights.
If the friendly to be held it will be the second match for Zamalek against Spanish teams following the clubs friendly against Atlético in 2011. The match turned out to be a disappointing result for the White Knights, with the Madrid based giants running out convincing 4-1 winners. The match was held as a part of Zamalek’s centennial celebrations.