Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Volleyball: Al Ahly women beat Tunisia’s Carthage to retain African title
The Red Castle edged the Tunisian side 3-2 in a hard-fought five-set match (25-20,22-25,25-20,20-25,15-13) to seize the 2016 Women’s African Club Championship title.
Al Ahly women sealed their qualification to the final of the tournament that was held in the Tunisian capital between 22 and 30 April after an easy 3-0 win over Rwanda Revenue Authority in the semi-final. The Tunisians, who settled for second place, reached the final after beating Pipeline of Kenya 3-1.
The Egyptian champions won the title for the second year in a row after defeating Kenyan Pipeline 3-2 in the tournament’s final last year. This also marked Al Ahly’s seventh African title, meaning they managed to match the record set by seven-time winner Kenyan Pipeline.
In the 5th-6th place classification match, El Shams of Egypt have managed to secure the fifth place after beating Sfax of Tunisia 3-1.