Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ was injured as Ittihad Jeddah beat Al Hilal 2-0 in...
- Kahraba injured as Ittihad defeat Hilal in Saudi Derby
- Aly Ghazal impresses as Nacional hold Sporting in Madeira
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
Volleyball: Al Ahly women beat Tunisia’s Carthage to retain African title
The Red Castle edged the Tunisian side 3-2 in a hard-fought five-set match (25-20,22-25,25-20,20-25,15-13) to seize the 2016 Women’s African Club Championship title.
Al Ahly women sealed their qualification to the final of the tournament that was held in the Tunisian capital between 22 and 30 April after an easy 3-0 win over Rwanda Revenue Authority in the semi-final. The Tunisians, who settled for second place, reached the final after beating Pipeline of Kenya 3-1.
The Egyptian champions won the title for the second year in a row after defeating Kenyan Pipeline 3-2 in the tournament’s final last year. This also marked Al Ahly’s seventh African title, meaning they managed to match the record set by seven-time winner Kenyan Pipeline.
In the 5th-6th place classification match, El Shams of Egypt have managed to secure the fifth place after beating Sfax of Tunisia 3-1.