Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Volleyball: Al Ahly women beat Tunisia’s Carthage to retain African title
The Red Castle edged the Tunisian side 3-2 in a hard-fought five-set match (25-20,22-25,25-20,20-25,15-13) to seize the 2016 Women’s African Club Championship title.
Al Ahly women sealed their qualification to the final of the tournament that was held in the Tunisian capital between 22 and 30 April after an easy 3-0 win over Rwanda Revenue Authority in the semi-final. The Tunisians, who settled for second place, reached the final after beating Pipeline of Kenya 3-1.
The Egyptian champions won the title for the second year in a row after defeating Kenyan Pipeline 3-2 in the tournament’s final last year. This also marked Al Ahly’s seventh African title, meaning they managed to match the record set by seven-time winner Kenyan Pipeline.
In the 5th-6th place classification match, El Shams of Egypt have managed to secure the fifth place after beating Sfax of Tunisia 3-1.