KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Basketball: Al Ahly crowned Super League champions
Gezira ended the first quarter with a 21-14 lead, before continuing to have the upper hand in the second one, which ended 37-31 in their favour.
Al Ahly managed to reduce the deficit to two points, as the scoreline became 48-46 at the end of the third quarter. In the dying minutes of the fourth quarter, the Red Devils levelled the scoreline 53-53, to force five minutes of added time.
During the extra time, Al Ahly managed to complete the comeback to secure the title with a 65-59 victory.
Al Ahly topped the four-team playoff on 11 points, followed by Sporting of Alexandria and Gezira on 9 points, while Zamalek finished at the bottom on 7 points.