After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Basketball: Al Ahly crowned Super League champions
Gezira ended the first quarter with a 21-14 lead, before continuing to have the upper hand in the second one, which ended 37-31 in their favour.
Al Ahly managed to reduce the deficit to two points, as the scoreline became 48-46 at the end of the third quarter. In the dying minutes of the fourth quarter, the Red Devils levelled the scoreline 53-53, to force five minutes of added time.
During the extra time, Al Ahly managed to complete the comeback to secure the title with a 65-59 victory.
Al Ahly topped the four-team playoff on 11 points, followed by Sporting of Alexandria and Gezira on 9 points, while Zamalek finished at the bottom on 7 points.