Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
Basketball: Al Ahly crowned Super League champions
Al Ahly have clinched the Egyptian Basketball Super League title after completing a 65-59 comeback victory over Gezira on Saturday.
Gezira ended the first quarter with a 21-14 lead, before continuing to have the upper hand in the second one, which ended 37-31 in their favour.
Al Ahly managed to reduce the deficit to two points, as the scoreline became 48-46 at the end of the third quarter. In the dying minutes of the fourth quarter, the Red Devils levelled the scoreline 53-53, to force five minutes of added time.
During the extra time, Al Ahly managed to complete the comeback to secure the title with a 65-59 victory.
Al Ahly topped the four-team playoff on 11 points, followed by Sporting of Alexandria and Gezira on 9 points, while Zamalek finished at the bottom on 7 points.