A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Elneny: Petr Cech is one of the most important players
Elneny played the whole 90 minutes in his ninth game in the league with Arsenal.
“Thank God for the win and the three points, we played very well against hard opponents and winning was the most important thing,” Elneny said.
The Egypt international also spoke about Peter Cech’s performance and his brilliant save in the first half.
“Everyone knows Petr Cech as one of the best players in the team, where everyone is doing his job and his role is to get the win which was important and may help us fight for second or third place,” he added.
Regarding coming close to scoring during the match, the 23-year-old midfielder said that he went for the shot once he got the ball.
“There was no other way but thank God I could contribute to the team very well. In games like these, when I get the ball I try to pass it to my team-mates so that we can create dangerous chances. Sometimes, I may be far away and if I shoot, it may not end up in the net so I decide to pass to my team-mates who are in a better position,” he added.