Nigerian footballing legend Emmanuel Amuneke revealed that he is keen to ply...
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
Elneny: Petr Cech is one of the most important players
Elneny played the whole 90 minutes in his ninth game in the league with Arsenal.
“Thank God for the win and the three points, we played very well against hard opponents and winning was the most important thing,” Elneny said.
The Egypt international also spoke about Peter Cech’s performance and his brilliant save in the first half.
“Everyone knows Petr Cech as one of the best players in the team, where everyone is doing his job and his role is to get the win which was important and may help us fight for second or third place,” he added.
Regarding coming close to scoring during the match, the 23-year-old midfielder said that he went for the shot once he got the ball.
“There was no other way but thank God I could contribute to the team very well. In games like these, when I get the ball I try to pass it to my team-mates so that we can create dangerous chances. Sometimes, I may be far away and if I shoot, it may not end up in the net so I decide to pass to my team-mates who are in a better position,” he added.