AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Elneny: Petr Cech is one of the most important players
Elneny played the whole 90 minutes in his ninth game in the league with Arsenal.
“Thank God for the win and the three points, we played very well against hard opponents and winning was the most important thing,” Elneny said.
The Egypt international also spoke about Peter Cech’s performance and his brilliant save in the first half.
“Everyone knows Petr Cech as one of the best players in the team, where everyone is doing his job and his role is to get the win which was important and may help us fight for second or third place,” he added.
Regarding coming close to scoring during the match, the 23-year-old midfielder said that he went for the shot once he got the ball.
“There was no other way but thank God I could contribute to the team very well. In games like these, when I get the ball I try to pass it to my team-mates so that we can create dangerous chances. Sometimes, I may be far away and if I shoot, it may not end up in the net so I decide to pass to my team-mates who are in a better position,” he added.