Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Elneny: Petr Cech is one of the most important players
Elneny played the whole 90 minutes in his ninth game in the league with Arsenal.
“Thank God for the win and the three points, we played very well against hard opponents and winning was the most important thing,” Elneny said.
The Egypt international also spoke about Peter Cech’s performance and his brilliant save in the first half.
“Everyone knows Petr Cech as one of the best players in the team, where everyone is doing his job and his role is to get the win which was important and may help us fight for second or third place,” he added.
Regarding coming close to scoring during the match, the 23-year-old midfielder said that he went for the shot once he got the ball.
“There was no other way but thank God I could contribute to the team very well. In games like these, when I get the ball I try to pass it to my team-mates so that we can create dangerous chances. Sometimes, I may be far away and if I shoot, it may not end up in the net so I decide to pass to my team-mates who are in a better position,” he added.