Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Elneny wins Swiss League title with Basel
Swiss side FC Basel won the Swiss League for the seventh time in a row after beating FC Sion 2-1 on Saturday.
Basel managed to get 76 points, five rounds before the league ends, to top the league standings and move 16 points clear of second-placed BSC Young Boys.
Mohamed Elneny, who played for the Swiss side in the first half of the season before joining Arsenal, will receive a medal with his fellow teammates. This will be the fourth consecutive Swiss league title win for the Egyptian midfielder with his former club.
The 23-year-old midfielder broke a new Egyptian record, as he is now the only Egyptian player to win four league titles in Europe.
Before that title, Roma’s Mohamed Salah and Elneny were equal in total number of titles won in Europe, as Salah won two consecutive titles with Basel and one English Premier League title with Chelsea.