Former Al Ahly forward Flávio da Silva Amado has been appointed as...
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
Elneny wins Swiss League title with Basel
Swiss side FC Basel won the Swiss League for the seventh time in a row after beating FC Sion 2-1 on Saturday.
Basel managed to get 76 points, five rounds before the league ends, to top the league standings and move 16 points clear of second-placed BSC Young Boys.
Mohamed Elneny, who played for the Swiss side in the first half of the season before joining Arsenal, will receive a medal with his fellow teammates. This will be the fourth consecutive Swiss league title win for the Egyptian midfielder with his former club.
The 23-year-old midfielder broke a new Egyptian record, as he is now the only Egyptian player to win four league titles in Europe.
Before that title, Roma’s Mohamed Salah and Elneny were equal in total number of titles won in Europe, as Salah won two consecutive titles with Basel and one English Premier League title with Chelsea.