Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns is the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Elneny wins Swiss League title with Basel
Swiss side FC Basel won the Swiss League for the seventh time in a row after beating FC Sion 2-1 on Saturday.
Basel managed to get 76 points, five rounds before the league ends, to top the league standings and move 16 points clear of second-placed BSC Young Boys.
Mohamed Elneny, who played for the Swiss side in the first half of the season before joining Arsenal, will receive a medal with his fellow teammates. This will be the fourth consecutive Swiss league title win for the Egyptian midfielder with his former club.
The 23-year-old midfielder broke a new Egyptian record, as he is now the only Egyptian player to win four league titles in Europe.
Before that title, Roma’s Mohamed Salah and Elneny were equal in total number of titles won in Europe, as Salah won two consecutive titles with Basel and one English Premier League title with Chelsea.