Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
VOLLEYBALL: Zamalek defeat Tala’a El-Gaish to clinch Egypt Cup
Zamalek came into the match in high spirits, after defeating arch-rivals Al Ahly in the previous round.
Their opponents, meanwhile, were still somewhat euphoric after clinching the Egyptian league title a week earlier.
El-Gaish had also been crowned as African volleyball champions, and came into the final looking to seal the treble.
True to form, the army club got off to a great start, winning the first set 25-15.
The Whites came roaring back, however, and won the next two sets with respective scores of 25-22 and 25-15.
The momentum had shifted completely by now, and Zamalek would go on to win the final set 25-19 to snatch the trophy from a distraught El-Gaish side.