The Malian sports minister cancelled the dissolution of the Malian football association, just...
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
VOLLEYBALL: Zamalek defeat Tala’a El-Gaish to clinch Egypt Cup
Zamalek’s volleyball team defeated Tala’a El-Gaish in the final of the 2016 Egypt Cup to clinch the trophy.
Zamalek came into the match in high spirits, after defeating arch-rivals Al Ahly in the previous round.
Their opponents, meanwhile, were still somewhat euphoric after clinching the Egyptian league title a week earlier.
El-Gaish had also been crowned as African volleyball champions, and came into the final looking to seal the treble.
True to form, the army club got off to a great start, winning the first set 25-15.
The Whites came roaring back, however, and won the next two sets with respective scores of 25-22 and 25-15.
The momentum had shifted completely by now, and Zamalek would go on to win the final set 25-19 to snatch the trophy from a distraught El-Gaish side.