Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
VOLLEYBALL: Zamalek defeat Tala’a El-Gaish to clinch Egypt Cup
Zamalek’s volleyball team defeated Tala’a El-Gaish in the final of the 2016 Egypt Cup to clinch the trophy.
Zamalek came into the match in high spirits, after defeating arch-rivals Al Ahly in the previous round.
Their opponents, meanwhile, were still somewhat euphoric after clinching the Egyptian league title a week earlier.
El-Gaish had also been crowned as African volleyball champions, and came into the final looking to seal the treble.
True to form, the army club got off to a great start, winning the first set 25-15.
The Whites came roaring back, however, and won the next two sets with respective scores of 25-22 and 25-15.
The momentum had shifted completely by now, and Zamalek would go on to win the final set 25-19 to snatch the trophy from a distraught El-Gaish side.