Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
VOLLEYBALL: Zamalek defeat Tala’a El-Gaish to clinch Egypt Cup
Zamalek’s volleyball team defeated Tala’a El-Gaish in the final of the 2016 Egypt Cup to clinch the trophy.
Zamalek came into the match in high spirits, after defeating arch-rivals Al Ahly in the previous round.
Their opponents, meanwhile, were still somewhat euphoric after clinching the Egyptian league title a week earlier.
El-Gaish had also been crowned as African volleyball champions, and came into the final looking to seal the treble.
True to form, the army club got off to a great start, winning the first set 25-15.
The Whites came roaring back, however, and won the next two sets with respective scores of 25-22 and 25-15.
The momentum had shifted completely by now, and Zamalek would go on to win the final set 25-19 to snatch the trophy from a distraught El-Gaish side.