The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
VOLLEYBALL: Zamalek defeat Tala’a El-Gaish to clinch Egypt Cup
Zamalek came into the match in high spirits, after defeating arch-rivals Al Ahly in the previous round.
Their opponents, meanwhile, were still somewhat euphoric after clinching the Egyptian league title a week earlier.
El-Gaish had also been crowned as African volleyball champions, and came into the final looking to seal the treble.
True to form, the army club got off to a great start, winning the first set 25-15.
The Whites came roaring back, however, and won the next two sets with respective scores of 25-22 and 25-15.
The momentum had shifted completely by now, and Zamalek would go on to win the final set 25-19 to snatch the trophy from a distraught El-Gaish side.