Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Egyptian referee Gehad Grisha appointed for Rio Olympics
Grisha, who will be the only Egyptian referee at the 2016 Olympics football tournament, is among 18 referees and 32 assistants chosen by the FIFA Referees Committee to officiate the men’s competition.
The 40-year-old Egyptian referee will be assisted during the tournament by Sudanese Waleed Ahmed and Moroccan Redouane Achik.
Grisha became a FIFA referee in 2008. He has served as a referee at the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers as well as during the 2013 and 2015 Africa Cup of Nations. He also officiated during the FIFA U-20 World Cup.
The men’s tournament, which will be held from 3 to 20 August, will feature 16 teams in four groups of four.
The Egyptian team failed to qualify for the 2016 Olympics after losing 1-0 to Mali in the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations.