Al Nasr have sealed promotion to the Egyptian Premier League after securing...
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
Egyptian referee Gehad Grisha appointed for Rio Olympics
Grisha, who will be the only Egyptian referee at the 2016 Olympics football tournament, is among 18 referees and 32 assistants chosen by the FIFA Referees Committee to officiate the men’s competition.
The 40-year-old Egyptian referee will be assisted during the tournament by Sudanese Waleed Ahmed and Moroccan Redouane Achik.
Grisha became a FIFA referee in 2008. He has served as a referee at the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers as well as during the 2013 and 2015 Africa Cup of Nations. He also officiated during the FIFA U-20 World Cup.
The men’s tournament, which will be held from 3 to 20 August, will feature 16 teams in four groups of four.
The Egyptian team failed to qualify for the 2016 Olympics after losing 1-0 to Mali in the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations.