Former Al Ahly forward Flávio da Silva Amado has been appointed as...
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
Egyptian referee Gehad Grisha appointed for Rio Olympics
Grisha, who will be the only Egyptian referee at the 2016 Olympics football tournament, is among 18 referees and 32 assistants chosen by the FIFA Referees Committee to officiate the men’s competition.
The 40-year-old Egyptian referee will be assisted during the tournament by Sudanese Waleed Ahmed and Moroccan Redouane Achik.
Grisha became a FIFA referee in 2008. He has served as a referee at the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers as well as during the 2013 and 2015 Africa Cup of Nations. He also officiated during the FIFA U-20 World Cup.
The men’s tournament, which will be held from 3 to 20 August, will feature 16 teams in four groups of four.
The Egyptian team failed to qualify for the 2016 Olympics after losing 1-0 to Mali in the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations.