Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Braga knocked out of League Cup after loss to Benfica
Egypt international Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ played the full 90 minutes, as his side’s dreams were crushed at Luz Stadium in Lisbon. The only goal scored by the 23-year-old striker in the competition was during his side’s 4-0 win against Leixões.
Braga had an early advantage as Rafa Silva scored for his side after 19 minutes. Later in the first half, Wilson Eduardo lost a chance to double his side’s lead, for the first half to end 1-0.
As Braga retreated to the midfield in the second half, Benfica came closer to score an equaliser. Two minutes to the one-hour mark, Jonas scored for Benfica to level the scoreline.
Twenty minutes to full time, Raul Jimenez completed Benfica’s comeback as he added the second for his side making it 2-1. Braga failed to alter the scoreline as the game ended in Benfica’s favour.
Koka’s side had qualified to the semi-final after topping Group D on 7 points, while Benfica had secured their spot after collecting the maximum 9 points in Group B.
Benfica will play the final against Marítimo, who defeated Portimonense 3-1 in the semi-final.
Braga’s only hope of salvaging their season lies in the Taça de Portugal. After defeating Rio Ave 1-0 on aggregate, Braga have qualified to encounter FC Porto in the final that is scheduled to be held on May 22.