Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Hazem Emam stripped of Zamalek captaincy
In preparation for Tuesday night’s game against Talaa El-Geish, Emam showed his frustration at not getting picked for a starting berth against the military side, which started a row between him and the coaches.
The issue cost him the captaincy role, in the process; Zamalek carried out their investigations before deciding to fine him 300,000 EGP.
Emam – a product of Zamalek’s youth academy – was promoted to the first team in the 2008/09 season, staying at the club ever since.
As a result of the sanction, vice captain Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ will take over the 27-year-old’s role as skipper.