Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Hazem Emam stripped of Zamalek captaincy
In preparation for Tuesday night’s game against Talaa El-Geish, Emam showed his frustration at not getting picked for a starting berth against the military side, which started a row between him and the coaches.
The issue cost him the captaincy role, in the process; Zamalek carried out their investigations before deciding to fine him 300,000 EGP.
Emam – a product of Zamalek’s youth academy – was promoted to the first team in the 2008/09 season, staying at the club ever since.
As a result of the sanction, vice captain Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ will take over the 27-year-old’s role as skipper.