AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Hazem Emam stripped of Zamalek captaincy
In preparation for Tuesday night’s game against Talaa El-Geish, Emam showed his frustration at not getting picked for a starting berth against the military side, which started a row between him and the coaches.
The issue cost him the captaincy role, in the process; Zamalek carried out their investigations before deciding to fine him 300,000 EGP.
Emam – a product of Zamalek’s youth academy – was promoted to the first team in the 2008/09 season, staying at the club ever since.
As a result of the sanction, vice captain Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ will take over the 27-year-old’s role as skipper.