Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
Hazem Emam stripped of Zamalek captaincy
In preparation for Tuesday night’s game against Talaa El-Geish, Emam showed his frustration at not getting picked for a starting berth against the military side, which started a row between him and the coaches.
The issue cost him the captaincy role, in the process; Zamalek carried out their investigations before deciding to fine him 300,000 EGP.
Emam – a product of Zamalek’s youth academy – was promoted to the first team in the 2008/09 season, staying at the club ever since.
As a result of the sanction, vice captain Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ will take over the 27-year-old’s role as skipper.