Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Elneny wins second consecutive Player of the Month award
The 23-year-old midfielder secured April’s award after competition form Chilean Alexis Sanchez and Nigerian Alex Iwobi.
Elneny, who has helped his team maintain an unbeaten run in April, topped the poll run by Arsenal.com after receiving 40.2% of the votes. Alexis, who netted five goals in April, came second with 32.3%, followed by Iwobi in the third place with 16.3% of the votes.
Elneny was previously named as March’s Player of the Month ahead of Arsenal stars Danny Welbeck and Mesut Özil.
Since joining the club during the January transfer window, the former FC Basel star has managed to secure his place among the team’s starting 11 after putting in a number of impressive performances.
Arsenal are set to face Manchester City away in gameweek 37 of the Premier League on Sunday.