Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Elneny wins second consecutive Player of the Month award
The 23-year-old midfielder secured April’s award after competition form Chilean Alexis Sanchez and Nigerian Alex Iwobi.
Elneny, who has helped his team maintain an unbeaten run in April, topped the poll run by Arsenal.com after receiving 40.2% of the votes. Alexis, who netted five goals in April, came second with 32.3%, followed by Iwobi in the third place with 16.3% of the votes.
Elneny was previously named as March’s Player of the Month ahead of Arsenal stars Danny Welbeck and Mesut Özil.
Since joining the club during the January transfer window, the former FC Basel star has managed to secure his place among the team’s starting 11 after putting in a number of impressive performances.
Arsenal are set to face Manchester City away in gameweek 37 of the Premier League on Sunday.