Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Elneny wins second consecutive Player of the Month award
The 23-year-old midfielder secured April’s award after competition form Chilean Alexis Sanchez and Nigerian Alex Iwobi.
Elneny, who has helped his team maintain an unbeaten run in April, topped the poll run by Arsenal.com after receiving 40.2% of the votes. Alexis, who netted five goals in April, came second with 32.3%, followed by Iwobi in the third place with 16.3% of the votes.
Elneny was previously named as March’s Player of the Month ahead of Arsenal stars Danny Welbeck and Mesut Özil.
Since joining the club during the January transfer window, the former FC Basel star has managed to secure his place among the team’s starting 11 after putting in a number of impressive performances.
Arsenal are set to face Manchester City away in gameweek 37 of the Premier League on Sunday.