Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Elneny wins second consecutive Player of the Month award
Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has won Arsenal Player of the Month award for the second month in a row, to maintain his successful start with the Gunners.
The 23-year-old midfielder secured April’s award after competition form Chilean Alexis Sanchez and Nigerian Alex Iwobi.
Elneny, who has helped his team maintain an unbeaten run in April, topped the poll run by Arsenal.com after receiving 40.2% of the votes. Alexis, who netted five goals in April, came second with 32.3%, followed by Iwobi in the third place with 16.3% of the votes.
Elneny was previously named as March’s Player of the Month ahead of Arsenal stars Danny Welbeck and Mesut Özil.
Since joining the club during the January transfer window, the former FC Basel star has managed to secure his place among the team’s starting 11 after putting in a number of impressive performances.
Arsenal are set to face Manchester City away in gameweek 37 of the Premier League on Sunday.