Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy enjoying time at Wigan, hopes for Egyptian exposure
KingFut.com’s Ahmad Yousef spoke to Sam Morsy about Wigan Athletic’s promotion to the Championship.
Wigan Athletic were officially promoted to the Championship after their 4-0 away victory over struggling Blackpool.
He expressed his delight at helping his side with promotion, telling KingFut.com: “[It] feels great to have got promoted, that was the aim when I first signed for the club so it’s a real fantastic team.”
Morsy has flourished since joining Wigan and he said it was down to the entire team. He said, “I’m really enjoying my time at Wigan, it’s a real progressive club and everybody has high expectations in what they want to do. I’m finding with the players around me and the staff I’m improving all the time.”
When asked if he believes playing in the Championship, alongside the likes of Ahmed Elmohamady he said, “I know that in the Championship it will give me more exposure to the Egyptian national team.”
Finally, Morsy ended by indicating his goals for next season, saying: “I think that we can have a really successful campaign next season. It will be difficult in the new league but the club is definitely moving in the right direction.”
We wish Sam Morsy and Wigan all the best in their last game of the season against Barnsley.