An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
BREAKING: Basel sign Zamalek’s Omar Gaber
Following a series of negotiations, Basel have come to an agreement with Zamalek, which will see Gaber join the RotBlau in the summer transfer window.
KingFut exclusively revealed that Gaber, 24, was subject of a bid from the Swiss side after his scintillating performances for Zamalek over the past two seasons.
A move also made sense as KingFut understands Basel will have one free spot at right-back, as Philip Degen retires while it is possible Taulant Xhaka might leave. Although Taulan usually plays in the middle of the pitch, he helped out fill the right-back possition when Michael Lang was injured.
The deal was sealed in Switzerland on Wednesday, with the player set to travel to Switzerland for his medical in one week. The right-back will move to Basel in a deal worth 1.65 million Euros, with a 15% sell-on fee for Zamalek, in case the player was sold by Basel.
Gaber will become the fourth Egyptian player to move to the Swiss club in the last four seasons after Ahmed Hamoudi, Mohamed Elneny and Mohamed Salah.
It is worth noting that Ahmed Hamoudi is still on Basel’s books as his move to Zamalek was on loan.