Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
BREAKING: Basel sign Zamalek’s Omar Gaber
Following a series of negotiations, Basel have come to an agreement with Zamalek, which will see Gaber join the RotBlau in the summer transfer window.
KingFut exclusively revealed that Gaber, 24, was subject of a bid from the Swiss side after his scintillating performances for Zamalek over the past two seasons.
A move also made sense as KingFut understands Basel will have one free spot at right-back, as Philip Degen retires while it is possible Taulant Xhaka might leave. Although Taulan usually plays in the middle of the pitch, he helped out fill the right-back possition when Michael Lang was injured.
The deal was sealed in Switzerland on Wednesday, with the player set to travel to Switzerland for his medical in one week. The right-back will move to Basel in a deal worth 1.65 million Euros, with a 15% sell-on fee for Zamalek, in case the player was sold by Basel.
Gaber will become the fourth Egyptian player to move to the Swiss club in the last four seasons after Ahmed Hamoudi, Mohamed Elneny and Mohamed Salah.
It is worth noting that Ahmed Hamoudi is still on Basel’s books as his move to Zamalek was on loan.