Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
BREAKING: Basel sign Zamalek’s Omar Gaber
Following a series of negotiations, Basel have come to an agreement with Zamalek, which will see Gaber join the RotBlau in the summer transfer window.
KingFut exclusively revealed that Gaber, 24, was subject of a bid from the Swiss side after his scintillating performances for Zamalek over the past two seasons.
A move also made sense as KingFut understands Basel will have one free spot at right-back, as Philip Degen retires while it is possible Taulant Xhaka might leave. Although Taulan usually plays in the middle of the pitch, he helped out fill the right-back possition when Michael Lang was injured.
The deal was sealed in Switzerland on Wednesday, with the player set to travel to Switzerland for his medical in one week. The right-back will move to Basel in a deal worth 1.65 million Euros, with a 15% sell-on fee for Zamalek, in case the player was sold by Basel.
Gaber will become the fourth Egyptian player to move to the Swiss club in the last four seasons after Ahmed Hamoudi, Mohamed Elneny and Mohamed Salah.
It is worth noting that Ahmed Hamoudi is still on Basel’s books as his move to Zamalek was on loan.