Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
BREAKING: Basel sign Zamalek’s Omar Gaber
Following a series of negotiations, Basel have come to an agreement with Zamalek, which will see Gaber join the RotBlau in the summer transfer window.
KingFut exclusively revealed that Gaber, 24, was subject of a bid from the Swiss side after his scintillating performances for Zamalek over the past two seasons.
A move also made sense as KingFut understands Basel will have one free spot at right-back, as Philip Degen retires while it is possible Taulant Xhaka might leave. Although Taulan usually plays in the middle of the pitch, he helped out fill the right-back possition when Michael Lang was injured.
The deal was sealed in Switzerland on Wednesday, with the player set to travel to Switzerland for his medical in one week. The right-back will move to Basel in a deal worth 1.65 million Euros, with a 15% sell-on fee for Zamalek, in case the player was sold by Basel.
Gaber will become the fourth Egyptian player to move to the Swiss club in the last four seasons after Ahmed Hamoudi, Mohamed Elneny and Mohamed Salah.
It is worth noting that Ahmed Hamoudi is still on Basel’s books as his move to Zamalek was on loan.