Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
BREAKING: Basel sign Zamalek’s Omar Gaber
Following a series of negotiations, Basel have come to an agreement with Zamalek, which will see Gaber join the RotBlau in the summer transfer window.
KingFut exclusively revealed that Gaber, 24, was subject of a bid from the Swiss side after his scintillating performances for Zamalek over the past two seasons.
A move also made sense as KingFut understands Basel will have one free spot at right-back, as Philip Degen retires while it is possible Taulant Xhaka might leave. Although Taulan usually plays in the middle of the pitch, he helped out fill the right-back possition when Michael Lang was injured.
The deal was sealed in Switzerland on Wednesday, with the player set to travel to Switzerland for his medical in one week. The right-back will move to Basel in a deal worth 1.65 million Euros, with a 15% sell-on fee for Zamalek, in case the player was sold by Basel.
Gaber will become the fourth Egyptian player to move to the Swiss club in the last four seasons after Ahmed Hamoudi, Mohamed Elneny and Mohamed Salah.
It is worth noting that Ahmed Hamoudi is still on Basel’s books as his move to Zamalek was on loan.