Smouha left back Patrick Malo has discussed his adaptation to life with the...
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
Elneny: I am really happy about life here at Arsenal
The former Arab Contractors player, who recently won his second consecutive Arsenal Player of the Month award, has quickly established himself as an important first-team player, starting over the likes of Aaron Ramsey and Mathieu Flamini.
“I feel like I have joined a big family rather than a football club,” The 23-year-old told the Arsenal magazine.
“Everyone has been so welcoming, friendly and helpful ever since my arrival, and this has made my life a lot easier and has helped me adapt quickly to life at this club.
“The members of the family complete each other, from Arsène Wenger to the ground staff. Even the club’s chairman is part of this family.
“I like to speak and joke with everyone and they all treat me the same. I consider them all as brothers and I am really happy about life here at Arsenal.
“Everybody around me speaks English and this helps me to improve my language skills. It’s completely different from Switzerland where they tend to speak German most of the time and only a few spoke English.
“I think people around me began to notice that I’m improving day after day. To be honest improving my English helped me a lot to settle in.”
Mohamed Elneny joined Arsenal in the winter transfer window and made 14 appearances for the North London outfit, scoring once against Barcelona in the Champions League.
Arsenal are currently third in the English Premier league with 67 points from 36 games. Their next game will be against fourth-placed Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on May 8.