Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
EXCLUSIVE | Mido’s advice to Omar Gaber ahead of Basel move
Zamalek and Basel came to an agreement on Wednesday regarding the sale of Omar Gaber to the Swiss club, which will see him become the fourth Egyptian to move to the RotBlau in the past four seasons.
Mido heaped praise on the player he coached twice, in 2014 and 2016 for Zamalek.
“Omar is a player with many qualities, whether it’s his professionalism off the pitch or his commitment towards the team on the pitch. All of those are very important qualities for any player to succeed in Europe,” Mido told KingFut.
“I believe that Basel is a very good step for Omar and I believe he will be very unique there like Elneny and Mohamed Salah.
Unlike Mohamed Elneny and Mohamed Salah who moved to Switzerland at the age of 20, Omar Gaber turned 24 earlier this year, something which Mido believes would have some pros and cons.
“In my opinion, Omar has an advantage and disadvantage compared to Salah and Elneny. The advantage is that he’s going to Basel with plenty of experience, several national team caps under his belt which will help him a lot.
“The disadvantage is that when the player takes too long to go to Europe from Egypt, his ability to progress decreases and this is a very important point. Regardless, Omar is a very smart guy and will be able to pick up the information he’ll receive from the people around him and his manager,” Mido expressed.
“I spoke to Omar and told him to be patient, get familiar with the team off the pitch, be patient for his opportunity but anyway Omar has these traits. In my opinion this is a very important move for himself and for Egyptian football,” the former Tottenham Hotspur striker concluded.