Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Gaber out of Zamalek’s squad ahead of El-Mahalla clash
This will be the White Knight’s second match after the departure of Alex McLeish with Mohamed Helmy serving as interim manager.
The squad sees the absence of right-back and soon-to-be Basel FC player Omar Gaber due to a medical staff decision. The player suffered an ankle bruise he sustained midweek.
Goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy continues his spell on the sidelines due to an injury to his knee, which he sustained during the second leg of the tie against MO Bejaia. Defender Ahmed Dweidar and playmaker Ayman Hefny were also excluded due to injury.
Hamada Tolba joined the absentee list with a muscular injury, while Ramzy Khaled and Mohamer Salem were excluded for technical reasons.
Goalkeepers: Mohamed Abou-Gabal and Mahmoud ‘Gennesh’
Defenders: Mohamed Koffi, Ali Gabr, Baher Elmohamady, and Mohamed Adel Gomaa.
Midfielders: Ahmed Tawfik, Tarek Hamed, Moruf Yusuf, Ahmed Hamoudi, Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ and Mohamed Ibrahim, Ibrahim Abdel-Khalik and Mostafa Fathi.
Forwards:Bassem Morsi, Mekki, Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ and Emmanuel Mayuka.
The match will kick-off at Petrosport Stadium in Cairo at 5:45 local time.