Group A matches have finally come to the closure with surprising turn...
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
Maqassa draw with Ahli Tripoli in CAFCC Ro16
Maqassa reached the this stage after defeating Algerian side CS Constantine 3-2 on aggregate despite losing the away leg. On the other hand, Ahli Tripoli were eliminated from the CAF Champions League group stage qualifiers.
El-Maqassa XI: Mahmoud Hamdy; Hosny Fathi, Ahmed Samy, Abdel-Hamid Samy, Amr Barakat; Hany Said, Abu Bakr Abdel-Latif, Mahmoud Dounga; Mido Gaber, Omar Maidi, Nana Poku.
The match lacked creativity with both sides failing to register enough chances to score.
A sudden spark from the home team late in the first half almost helped them score, but Maqassa’s organized play helped them avoid a goal.
The same scenario was played out by both teams in the second half, with Al Ahli producing a few dangerous chances but the team’s forward’s couldn’t convert them into goals.
The visitors made two attacking substitutions in the final five minutes in an attempt to snatch a late winner, but they were unsuccessful.
The return leg will be played on the 18th of May in Egypt and the winner will progress to the next stage of the CAF Confederations Cup.