Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Maqassa draw with Ahli Tripoli in CAFCC Ro16
Maqassa reached the this stage after defeating Algerian side CS Constantine 3-2 on aggregate despite losing the away leg. On the other hand, Ahli Tripoli were eliminated from the CAF Champions League group stage qualifiers.
El-Maqassa XI: Mahmoud Hamdy; Hosny Fathi, Ahmed Samy, Abdel-Hamid Samy, Amr Barakat; Hany Said, Abu Bakr Abdel-Latif, Mahmoud Dounga; Mido Gaber, Omar Maidi, Nana Poku.
The match lacked creativity with both sides failing to register enough chances to score.
A sudden spark from the home team late in the first half almost helped them score, but Maqassa’s organized play helped them avoid a goal.
The same scenario was played out by both teams in the second half, with Al Ahli producing a few dangerous chances but the team’s forward’s couldn’t convert them into goals.
The visitors made two attacking substitutions in the final five minutes in an attempt to snatch a late winner, but they were unsuccessful.
The return leg will be played on the 18th of May in Egypt and the winner will progress to the next stage of the CAF Confederations Cup.