Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Maqassa draw with Ahli Tripoli in CAFCC Ro16
Maqassa reached the this stage after defeating Algerian side CS Constantine 3-2 on aggregate despite losing the away leg. On the other hand, Ahli Tripoli were eliminated from the CAF Champions League group stage qualifiers.
El-Maqassa XI: Mahmoud Hamdy; Hosny Fathi, Ahmed Samy, Abdel-Hamid Samy, Amr Barakat; Hany Said, Abu Bakr Abdel-Latif, Mahmoud Dounga; Mido Gaber, Omar Maidi, Nana Poku.
The match lacked creativity with both sides failing to register enough chances to score.
A sudden spark from the home team late in the first half almost helped them score, but Maqassa’s organized play helped them avoid a goal.
The same scenario was played out by both teams in the second half, with Al Ahli producing a few dangerous chances but the team’s forward’s couldn’t convert them into goals.
The visitors made two attacking substitutions in the final five minutes in an attempt to snatch a late winner, but they were unsuccessful.
The return leg will be played on the 18th of May in Egypt and the winner will progress to the next stage of the CAF Confederations Cup.