Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
Maqassa draw with Ahli Tripoli in CAFCC Ro16
Maqassa reached the this stage after defeating Algerian side CS Constantine 3-2 on aggregate despite losing the away leg. On the other hand, Ahli Tripoli were eliminated from the CAF Champions League group stage qualifiers.
El-Maqassa XI: Mahmoud Hamdy; Hosny Fathi, Ahmed Samy, Abdel-Hamid Samy, Amr Barakat; Hany Said, Abu Bakr Abdel-Latif, Mahmoud Dounga; Mido Gaber, Omar Maidi, Nana Poku.
The match lacked creativity with both sides failing to register enough chances to score.
A sudden spark from the home team late in the first half almost helped them score, but Maqassa’s organized play helped them avoid a goal.
The same scenario was played out by both teams in the second half, with Al Ahli producing a few dangerous chances but the team’s forward’s couldn’t convert them into goals.
The visitors made two attacking substitutions in the final five minutes in an attempt to snatch a late winner, but they were unsuccessful.
The return leg will be played on the 18th of May in Egypt and the winner will progress to the next stage of the CAF Confederations Cup.