Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Maqassa draw with Ahli Tripoli in CAFCC Ro16
Maqassa reached the this stage after defeating Algerian side CS Constantine 3-2 on aggregate despite losing the away leg. On the other hand, Ahli Tripoli were eliminated from the CAF Champions League group stage qualifiers.
El-Maqassa XI: Mahmoud Hamdy; Hosny Fathi, Ahmed Samy, Abdel-Hamid Samy, Amr Barakat; Hany Said, Abu Bakr Abdel-Latif, Mahmoud Dounga; Mido Gaber, Omar Maidi, Nana Poku.
The match lacked creativity with both sides failing to register enough chances to score.
A sudden spark from the home team late in the first half almost helped them score, but Maqassa’s organized play helped them avoid a goal.
The same scenario was played out by both teams in the second half, with Al Ahli producing a few dangerous chances but the team’s forward’s couldn’t convert them into goals.
The visitors made two attacking substitutions in the final five minutes in an attempt to snatch a late winner, but they were unsuccessful.
The return leg will be played on the 18th of May in Egypt and the winner will progress to the next stage of the CAF Confederations Cup.