AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Ahmed Mortada announces details of Omar Gaber transfer
Ahmed Mortada has announced that Omar Gaber’s move to Basel is officially done, and clarified details of the deal between Zamalek and the Swiss side.
“Basel officially signed the contracts, it is done. The contracts were sent to Egypt for Zamalek’s board to sign,” he began.
Ahmed Mortada went on to explain that both teams arrived to an understanding after several offers from Basel: “The Swiss side sent us two offers: the first one was one million and 300 thousand euros with benefits, and the second offer was one million and 500 thousand euros without benefits unlike the first offer, but we did manage to arrive at the suitable terms for both clubs after negotiations.”
“Basel agreed to pay the whole amount cash and upfront, which rarely happen with most European sides. Zamalek will also get 15% of any future sale for the player, and we also arranged for a friendly between both sides to take place in Dubai, with the broadcasting rights for the game at our disposal,” he concluded.
It is worth noting that Gaber will be the fourth Egyptian to join Basel after Mohamed Salah and Mohamed Elneny who currently ply their trade with Roma and Arsenal respectively.
The third player, Ahmed Hamoudi, is still on the Swiss side’s books but is currently on loan at Zamalek.