Al Nasr have sealed promotion to the Egyptian Premier League after securing...
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
Ahmed Mortada announces details of Omar Gaber transfer
Ahmed Mortada has announced that Omar Gaber’s move to Basel is officially done, and clarified details of the deal between Zamalek and the Swiss side.
Zamalek board member Ahmed Mortada Mansour has confirmed the completion of Omar Gaber’s move to FC Basel, in televised comments.
“Basel officially signed the contracts, it is done. The contracts were sent to Egypt for Zamalek’s board to sign,” he began.
Ahmed Mortada went on to explain that both teams arrived to an understanding after several offers from Basel: “The Swiss side sent us two offers: the first one was one million and 300 thousand euros with benefits, and the second offer was one million and 500 thousand euros without benefits unlike the first offer, but we did manage to arrive at the suitable terms for both clubs after negotiations.”
“Basel agreed to pay the whole amount cash and upfront, which rarely happen with most European sides. Zamalek will also get 15% of any future sale for the player, and we also arranged for a friendly between both sides to take place in Dubai, with the broadcasting rights for the game at our disposal,” he concluded.
The third player, Ahmed Hamoudi, is still on the Swiss side’s books but is currently on loan at Zamalek.