Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Hull City beat Rotherham ahead of Championship play-offs
Hull City beat Rotherham United 5-1 in the final match of the Championship. The Tigers came from an early goal down to net four goals in 17 minutes. They sealed victory in the second half of a match where Ahmed Elmohamady was outstanding.
The Tigers showed much promise at the start. Mo Diame and Abel Hernandez, both, came close to scoring the opening goal. Hull’s good start was tainted by conceding a goal against the run of play. Rotherham’s Frecklington scored the opener, in the 16th minute, after poor clearance by Hull City’s defense.
Course of play swung again to the home team’s control as they looked to draw level. The goal ultimately came after 25 minutes when Elmohamady found Huddlestone who set up Snodgrass to make it 1-1. A second came soon after. On the 27th minute, Hernandez’s overhead kick beat Lee Camp.
Hernandez had a chance to score a brace but shot straight at the keeper after being set up by Ahmed Elmohamady.
Elmohamady, who was having a great game, set up Livermore for Hull’s third goal. Jake Livermore beat Rotherham’s goalkeeper to score from a tight angle in the 40th minute. Three minutes from the brake, Diame also had his name on the score sheet to assure victory for Hull City.
The home side took their foot off the gas in the second half. This gave Rotherham room to attack their opponents. Hull responded to the siege by making it 5-1 on the hour mark. Robert Snodgrass picked up Livermore’s run and the English midfielder netted his second.
Hull City beat Rotherham to secure fourth place in the English Championship; that completed its regular season this weekend.
The Tigers now shift their minds to the play-off tie against Derby as they look to return to the Premier League. Burnley and Middlesbrough got promoted via the two automatic spots.