Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
VIDEO: Cameroon’s Patrick Ekeng dies after collapsing on pitch
The Cameroon international had only been on the pitch for seven minutes after his introduction as a second-half substitute when he suddenly collapsed without any contact in the 70th minute of his side’s match against Viitorul Constanta in the Romanian league, media in Romania reported he suffered a heart attack.
Ekeng was taken by an ambulance to the nearest hospital, with reports in Romania claiming that it took two minutes and 47 seconds for Ekeng to be taken to the ambulance, which they said contained no specialist equipment and was only intended for transportation.
Ekeng joined Dinamo Bucharest in the January transfer window, he was only making his seventh league appearance for his side.
Ekeng previously played for Lausanne, Cordoba and Le Mans, And had seven caps for the Cameroon national team.
Video of the incident; This video contains graphic content.