Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
VIDEO: Cameroon’s Patrick Ekeng dies after collapsing on pitch
The Cameroon international had only been on the pitch for seven minutes after his introduction as a second-half substitute when he suddenly collapsed without any contact in the 70th minute of his side’s match against Viitorul Constanta in the Romanian league, media in Romania reported he suffered a heart attack.
Ekeng was taken by an ambulance to the nearest hospital, with reports in Romania claiming that it took two minutes and 47 seconds for Ekeng to be taken to the ambulance, which they said contained no specialist equipment and was only intended for transportation.
Ekeng joined Dinamo Bucharest in the January transfer window, he was only making his seventh league appearance for his side.
Ekeng previously played for Lausanne, Cordoba and Le Mans, And had seven caps for the Cameroon national team.
Video of the incident; This video contains graphic content.