Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
VIDEO: Cameroon’s Patrick Ekeng dies after collapsing on pitch
The Cameroon international had only been on the pitch for seven minutes after his introduction as a second-half substitute when he suddenly collapsed without any contact in the 70th minute of his side’s match against Viitorul Constanta in the Romanian league, media in Romania reported he suffered a heart attack.
Ekeng was taken by an ambulance to the nearest hospital, with reports in Romania claiming that it took two minutes and 47 seconds for Ekeng to be taken to the ambulance, which they said contained no specialist equipment and was only intended for transportation.
Ekeng joined Dinamo Bucharest in the January transfer window, he was only making his seventh league appearance for his side.
Ekeng previously played for Lausanne, Cordoba and Le Mans, And had seven caps for the Cameroon national team.
Video of the incident; This video contains graphic content.