Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
VIDEO: Zamalek ease past Ghazl El-Mahalla
Zamalek cruised to an easy 0-2 win away to relegation candidates Ghazl El-Mahalla on Saturday, in the 27th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
In their first match after the departure of ex-manager Alex McLeish, Zamalek were determined to put their recent woes behind them against a Ghazl side slowly slipping closer to mathematical relegation.
Emmanuel Mayuka gave the visitors the perfect start with an opener in the ninth minute with an improvised finish from the edge of the area.
Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ and Mayuka each had a couple of further chances to extend the lead before half-time, but the hosts held firm to restrict Zamalek to just one goal before the break.
Ahmed Hamoudi – currently on loan from Swiss side FC Basel – sealed the points for his side in the 65th minute; the 25-year-old took advantage of poor defending inside the opposition area to rifle home from close range.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) May 7, 2016
The win sees the visitors momentarily reduce the gap between themselves and leaders Al Ahly to eight points, but the Whites’ arch-rivals will have the chance to restore the significant points cushion when they take on Wadi Degla later on Saturday.