ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
VIDEO: Zamalek ease past Ghazl El-Mahalla
Zamalek cruised to an easy 0-2 win away to relegation candidates Ghazl El-Mahalla on Saturday, in the 27th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
In their first match after the departure of ex-manager Alex McLeish, Zamalek were determined to put their recent woes behind them against a Ghazl side slowly slipping closer to mathematical relegation.
Emmanuel Mayuka gave the visitors the perfect start with an opener in the ninth minute with an improvised finish from the edge of the area.
Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ and Mayuka each had a couple of further chances to extend the lead before half-time, but the hosts held firm to restrict Zamalek to just one goal before the break.
Ahmed Hamoudi – currently on loan from Swiss side FC Basel – sealed the points for his side in the 65th minute; the 25-year-old took advantage of poor defending inside the opposition area to rifle home from close range.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) May 7, 2016
The win sees the visitors momentarily reduce the gap between themselves and leaders Al Ahly to eight points, but the Whites’ arch-rivals will have the chance to restore the significant points cushion when they take on Wadi Degla later on Saturday.