Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
VIDEO: Zamalek ease past Ghazl El-Mahalla
Zamalek cruised to an easy 0-2 win away to relegation candidates Ghazl El-Mahalla on Saturday, in the 27th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
In their first match after the departure of ex-manager Alex McLeish, Zamalek were determined to put their recent woes behind them against a Ghazl side slowly slipping closer to mathematical relegation.
Emmanuel Mayuka gave the visitors the perfect start with an opener in the ninth minute with an improvised finish from the edge of the area.
Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ and Mayuka each had a couple of further chances to extend the lead before half-time, but the hosts held firm to restrict Zamalek to just one goal before the break.
Ahmed Hamoudi – currently on loan from Swiss side FC Basel – sealed the points for his side in the 65th minute; the 25-year-old took advantage of poor defending inside the opposition area to rifle home from close range.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) May 7, 2016
The win sees the visitors momentarily reduce the gap between themselves and leaders Al Ahly to eight points, but the Whites’ arch-rivals will have the chance to restore the significant points cushion when they take on Wadi Degla later on Saturday.