Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
VIDEO: Zamalek ease past Ghazl El-Mahalla
Zamalek cruised to an easy 0-2 win away to relegation candidates Ghazl El-Mahalla on Saturday, in the 27th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
In their first match after the departure of ex-manager Alex McLeish, Zamalek were determined to put their recent woes behind them against a Ghazl side slowly slipping closer to mathematical relegation.
Emmanuel Mayuka gave the visitors the perfect start with an opener in the ninth minute with an improvised finish from the edge of the area.
Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ and Mayuka each had a couple of further chances to extend the lead before half-time, but the hosts held firm to restrict Zamalek to just one goal before the break.
Ahmed Hamoudi – currently on loan from Swiss side FC Basel – sealed the points for his side in the 65th minute; the 25-year-old took advantage of poor defending inside the opposition area to rifle home from close range.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) May 7, 2016
The win sees the visitors momentarily reduce the gap between themselves and leaders Al Ahly to eight points, but the Whites’ arch-rivals will have the chance to restore the significant points cushion when they take on Wadi Degla later on Saturday.