Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns is the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Abdel-Shafy sidelined again by injury
The team’s medical staff announced that Abdel-Shafy, who’ll miss his side’s match against Al Raed in the Saudi Professional League on Sunday, suffers from a third degree muscle strain.
Al Ahli had already sealed the Saudi league title two rounds before the end of the campaign, after beating rivals Al-Hilal 3-1 on April 24.
Abdel-Shafy’s expected period of absence hasn’t been announced yet. It is unclear whether he’ll fully recover before his side’s encounter against Al-Nasr in the King’s Cup final on May 27.
Abdel-Shafy was sidelined by injury during most of the second half of the season. He played a total of 14 matches in the league, and featured in two matches in each of the Asian Champions League, the King’s Cup and the Saudi Crown Prince Cup.