Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Abdel-Shafy sidelined again by injury
The team’s medical staff announced that Abdel-Shafy, who’ll miss his side’s match against Al Raed in the Saudi Professional League on Sunday, suffers from a third degree muscle strain.
Al Ahli had already sealed the Saudi league title two rounds before the end of the campaign, after beating rivals Al-Hilal 3-1 on April 24.
Abdel-Shafy’s expected period of absence hasn’t been announced yet. It is unclear whether he’ll fully recover before his side’s encounter against Al-Nasr in the King’s Cup final on May 27.
Abdel-Shafy was sidelined by injury during most of the second half of the season. He played a total of 14 matches in the league, and featured in two matches in each of the Asian Champions League, the King’s Cup and the Saudi Crown Prince Cup.