ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Abdel-Shafy sidelined again by injury
The team’s medical staff announced that Abdel-Shafy, who’ll miss his side’s match against Al Raed in the Saudi Professional League on Sunday, suffers from a third degree muscle strain.
Al Ahli had already sealed the Saudi league title two rounds before the end of the campaign, after beating rivals Al-Hilal 3-1 on April 24.
Abdel-Shafy’s expected period of absence hasn’t been announced yet. It is unclear whether he’ll fully recover before his side’s encounter against Al-Nasr in the King’s Cup final on May 27.
Abdel-Shafy was sidelined by injury during most of the second half of the season. He played a total of 14 matches in the league, and featured in two matches in each of the Asian Champions League, the King’s Cup and the Saudi Crown Prince Cup.