Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Abdel-Shafy sidelined again by injury
The team’s medical staff announced that Abdel-Shafy, who’ll miss his side’s match against Al Raed in the Saudi Professional League on Sunday, suffers from a third degree muscle strain.
Al Ahli had already sealed the Saudi league title two rounds before the end of the campaign, after beating rivals Al-Hilal 3-1 on April 24.
Abdel-Shafy’s expected period of absence hasn’t been announced yet. It is unclear whether he’ll fully recover before his side’s encounter against Al-Nasr in the King’s Cup final on May 27.
Abdel-Shafy was sidelined by injury during most of the second half of the season. He played a total of 14 matches in the league, and featured in two matches in each of the Asian Champions League, the King’s Cup and the Saudi Crown Prince Cup.