Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Abdel-Shafy sidelined again by injury
The team’s medical staff announced that Abdel-Shafy, who’ll miss his side’s match against Al Raed in the Saudi Professional League on Sunday, suffers from a third degree muscle strain.
Al Ahli had already sealed the Saudi league title two rounds before the end of the campaign, after beating rivals Al-Hilal 3-1 on April 24.
Abdel-Shafy’s expected period of absence hasn’t been announced yet. It is unclear whether he’ll fully recover before his side’s encounter against Al-Nasr in the King’s Cup final on May 27.
Abdel-Shafy was sidelined by injury during most of the second half of the season. He played a total of 14 matches in the league, and featured in two matches in each of the Asian Champions League, the King’s Cup and the Saudi Crown Prince Cup.