Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
CAF fine Egypt and Nigeria
The Pharaohs drew 1-1 in the first encounter, and subsequently defeated Nigeria 1-0 in the following fixture.
Egypt was punished because of the excessive use of lasers from fans during the second match played in Alexandria. CAF has announced that Egypt will pay a $5000 fine.
The Super Eagles, meanwhile, were also fined $5000 for overcrowding at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium during the first leg match. It is estimated that over 40,000 fans were present during the game, while the stadium’s full capacity is only 25,000.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) March 26, 2016