Ghana national team manager Avram Grant has spoken ahead of their 2017...
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
Cameroonian goalkeeper dies during warm-up
Cameroonian female goalkeeper Jeanine Christelle Djomnang has died during a pre-match warm-up, Cameroon Football Federation (Fecafoot) announced.
The news comes days after the death of another Cameroonian footballer Patrick Ekeng who collapsed on the field during a match in the Romanian League.
Djomnang collapsed while warming up for a Femina Stars Ebolowa match in the Cameroonian league. They were preparing to face Louves MINPROFF in the first division of the women’s championship.
The 26-year-old was then rushed to a hospital in southern Cameroon, but was pronounced dead upon arrival.
Fecafoot announced that initial reports suggest she died of a heart attack, but they are still awaiting the formal medical report.