Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Cameroonian goalkeeper dies during warm-up
Cameroonian female goalkeeper Jeanine Christelle Djomnang has died during a pre-match warm-up, Cameroon Football Federation (Fecafoot) announced.
The news comes days after the death of another Cameroonian footballer Patrick Ekeng who collapsed on the field during a match in the Romanian League.
Djomnang collapsed while warming up for a Femina Stars Ebolowa match in the Cameroonian league. They were preparing to face Louves MINPROFF in the first division of the women’s championship.
The 26-year-old was then rushed to a hospital in southern Cameroon, but was pronounced dead upon arrival.
Fecafoot announced that initial reports suggest she died of a heart attack, but they are still awaiting the formal medical report.