Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Cameroonian goalkeeper dies during warm-up
Cameroonian female goalkeeper Jeanine Christelle Djomnang has died during a pre-match warm-up, Cameroon Football Federation (Fecafoot) announced.
The news comes days after the death of another Cameroonian footballer Patrick Ekeng who collapsed on the field during a match in the Romanian League.
Djomnang collapsed while warming up for a Femina Stars Ebolowa match in the Cameroonian league. They were preparing to face Louves MINPROFF in the first division of the women’s championship.
The 26-year-old was then rushed to a hospital in southern Cameroon, but was pronounced dead upon arrival.
Fecafoot announced that initial reports suggest she died of a heart attack, but they are still awaiting the formal medical report.