Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Volleyball: Al Ahly women win Egypt Cup
The Al Ahly women volleyball team defeated Wadi Degla 3-0 on Sunday, to emerge victorious in the 2016 Egypt Cup final.
Al Ahly won the first set 25-13, before clinching victory in the second set with 25-9 scoreline.
Finally, the Red Devils won the final set 25-13 to cap off an easy win, as they claimed the trophy in style.
With this victory, the Cairo giants have succeeded in clinching the triple this season after winning the league title, as well as the African Championship, which was held in Tunisia.
The final was contested in the city of Ismailia, at the same ground which witnessed the newly-crowned champions’ sweeping victory against Heliopolis in the semi-final.