Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Antwi returns to Al Ahly squad against Aswan
The squad witnessed the return of the club’s striker John Antwi, who has been ruled out from the team’s squad in the last four league games.
On the other hand, Jol has continued to exclude Ahmed El-Sheikh and Saleh Gomaa from the squad. Bassem Ali, Ahmed Hamdi and Saad Samir were also excluded for technical reasons.
Al Ahly Squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim and Mosaad Awad.
Defenders: Rami Rabia, Ahmed Hegazy, Mohamed Naguib, Hussein El-Sayed, Ahmed Fathi, Mohamed Hany and Sabry Rahil.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Hossam Ashour, Momen Zakaria, Abdallah El-Said, Walid Soliman, Ramadan Sobhy and Amr El-Sulaya.
Forwards: Amr Gamal, Malick Evouna, John Antwi and Emad Meteb.
Al Ahly will face Aswan on Thursday at Aswan Stadium at 20:30 CLT. The Red Devils will be looking to win the upcoming game after suffering their first defeat since Jol’s appointment, with a 1-0 loss to Wadi Degla during the previous round.
The Red Castle top the league table on 59 points, eight away from second-placed Zamalek, while Aswan sit in the 14th place on 31 points.