Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Elmohamady: We are ready for the play-offs
Hull City, who finished fourth in the standings, will face fifth-placed Derby County in a two-legged semi-final. The winner will face either Brighton or Sheffield Wednesday for the third promotion berth.
The Egyptian right wing-back expressed his happiness with his side’s performance in the final gameweek of the Championship, saying it was a good game ahead of their match against Derby County at the weekend.
“It was good to get a win before the play-offs and we know we face two big games now. The manager said to us that it was important that we got things right ready for the play-offs,” Elmohamady told Hull City official website.
“Every player went into the game focused on producing a good performance and everyone came through it well.
“It was great to see both strikers scoring goals, but it was also good to see goals coming from midfielder through Jake Livermore and Robert Snodgrass.
The 28-year-old discussed his side’s preparations for the upcoming games, revealing that the players are looking for an immediate return to the Premier League following their relegation last season.
“Every player is now ready for the games with Derby because they are massive for us. We can do it,” Elmohamady added.
“We went to Wembley twice two years ago and we want to go back there and get the win that takes us back to the Premier League. That is where we want to be,” he concluded.
The Tigers will visit Derby County on the Pride Park Stadium on May 14, three days before the second leg, which will take place at the KC Stadium. The final match is scheduled to be held at Wembley Stadium on May 28.