Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Morocco’s Sofiane Boufal named best African in France
Morocco and Lille’s winger Sofiane Boufal has been named best African player in France after winning the votes with 189 points.
The 22-year old winger beat Senegal and Angers’ Cheikh Ndoye who came second with 108 points and Rachid Ghezzal of Algeria and Olympique Lyonnais with 81 points.
He is the third Moroccan to win this award after Younès Belhanda won it in 2012 with Montpellier and Ex-Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh who won it in 2009 during his time at Bordeaux.
Boufal had made 29 appearances this season and was involved in nearly half of Lille’s goals scoring 11 goals and making five assists to help the Northern club finish sixth in the league.