Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Morocco’s Sofiane Boufal named best African in France
Morocco and Lille’s winger Sofiane Boufal has been named best African player in France after winning the votes with 189 points.
The 22-year old winger beat Senegal and Angers’ Cheikh Ndoye who came second with 108 points and Rachid Ghezzal of Algeria and Olympique Lyonnais with 81 points.
He is the third Moroccan to win this award after Younès Belhanda won it in 2012 with Montpellier and Ex-Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh who won it in 2009 during his time at Bordeaux.
Boufal had made 29 appearances this season and was involved in nearly half of Lille’s goals scoring 11 goals and making five assists to help the Northern club finish sixth in the league.