Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Morocco’s Sofiane Boufal named best African in France
Morocco and Lille’s winger Sofiane Boufal has been named best African player in France after winning the votes with 189 points.
The 22-year old winger beat Senegal and Angers’ Cheikh Ndoye who came second with 108 points and Rachid Ghezzal of Algeria and Olympique Lyonnais with 81 points.
He is the third Moroccan to win this award after Younès Belhanda won it in 2012 with Montpellier and Ex-Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh who won it in 2009 during his time at Bordeaux.
Boufal had made 29 appearances this season and was involved in nearly half of Lille’s goals scoring 11 goals and making five assists to help the Northern club finish sixth in the league.