Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
GYMNASTICS: Sherine El Zeiny qualifies for Rio Olympics
Egyptian gymnast Sherine El Zeiny has qualified for the artistic gymnastics finals at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
Sherine El Zeiny sealed her place in Rio after the withdrawal of South African gymnast Claudia Cummins, who had previously been awarded an allocated a place in the artistic gymnastics finals by the International Federation of Gymnastics.
The IFG has decided to award the reserved place to Egyptian, who will represent Africa alongside Algerian Farah Boufadene.
The Rio Olympics will be the third successive participation for El Zeiny in the Summer Olympics, after the 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games in Beijing and London respectively.