The Egypt U-20 National Team drew their second game at AFCON after...
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
- Hamoudi included in Al Ahly squad against Dakhleya
- Elmohamady: It’s going to be difficult at Leicester
Al Ahly: Anderlecht asked to sign Trezeguet permanently
The Belgian side have signed the 21-year-old from the Cairo giants during the summer transfer window on a season-long loan with a purchase option.
Al Ahly football sector manager Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy has revealed that the Belgian club have officially contacted Al Ahly as they are looking to activate their purchase option in Trezeguet’s loan deal.
“Anderlecht sent us an official letter asking to sign Trezeguet on permanent basis,” the former Al Ahly coach said.
Abdel-Shafy added that the Belgian side confirmed their commitment to all the terms they previously agreed upon in the loan contract. Anderlecht’s option to buy Trezeguet expires at the end of his loan period, which ends in two months.
The fee for the loan was reported to be around €1 million, while the permanent transfer fee is reportedly in the region of an additional €2.5 million.
Trezeguet is yet to secure a starting spot with the Belgian side, as he suffers from lack of playing time, featuring in only seven games and assisting one goal since joining the team.
The Egyptian international has previously denied reports suggesting that he might leave the club over lack of game time, saying it would be a “mistake” if he did so.