Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
EXCLUSIVE | Union Douala manager confirms Al Ahly interest in Nlend
Reports had linked Douala forward Samuel Nlend to a summer move to Cairo giants Al Ahly, after his prolific performances for the Cameroonian club.
KingFut reached out to Douala manager Siewe, who confirmed Al Ahly’s interest is present, with negotiations still at an early stage.
STAT: Union Douala forward Samuel Nlend scored 3 goals over both ties against Nimba FC in the past #CAFCL round.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) March 13, 2016
Following disappointing performances from African strikers Malick Evouna and John Antwi, Al Ahly are looking to reinforce their front-line by signing the 21-year-old.
Nlend was part of the Cameroon squad that featured in the 2016 CHAN, scoring one goal in the tournament against DR Congo as his team reached the quarter-finals of the tournament.
The player was also part of Douala’s team that were defeated by Alex McLeish’s Zamalek in the CAF Champions League this season.