The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
VIDEO: Mohamed Ibrahim brace leads Zamalek to victory
A Mohamed Ibrahim brace ensured Zamalek maintained their perfect run under Helmy Toulan, with a win against Petrojet.
Reigning Egyptian Premier League champions Zamalek have won both matches since the departure of Scottish manager Alex McLeish earlier this month.
FC Basel target Mostafa Fathi was handed a starting berth, as the Swiss club had delegates watching from the stands.
The Whites would have taken the lead early in the game when Emmanuel Mayuka came close, but his effort was off-target.
Mohamed Ibrahim finally put the hosts in front in the 23rd minute, after playing a slick one-two with Mayuka.
Petrojet hit the crossbar as they pushed for an equalizer in the second half; the visiting side had other chances, but goalkeeper Gennesh was equal to every effort.
Ibrahim completed his brace four minutes before time, with Ahmed Hamoudi assisting to seal victory for Zamalek who have temporarily reduced Al Ahly’s lead at the top to five points.