Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
VIDEO: Mohamed Ibrahim brace leads Zamalek to victory
A Mohamed Ibrahim brace ensured Zamalek maintained their perfect run under Helmy Toulan, with a win against Petrojet.
Reigning Egyptian Premier League champions Zamalek have won both matches since the departure of Scottish manager Alex McLeish earlier this month.
FC Basel target Mostafa Fathi was handed a starting berth, as the Swiss club had delegates watching from the stands.
The Whites would have taken the lead early in the game when Emmanuel Mayuka came close, but his effort was off-target.
Mohamed Ibrahim finally put the hosts in front in the 23rd minute, after playing a slick one-two with Mayuka.
Petrojet hit the crossbar as they pushed for an equalizer in the second half; the visiting side had other chances, but goalkeeper Gennesh was equal to every effort.
Ibrahim completed his brace four minutes before time, with Ahmed Hamoudi assisting to seal victory for Zamalek who have temporarily reduced Al Ahly’s lead at the top to five points.