Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
VIDEO: Mohamed Ibrahim brace leads Zamalek to victory
A Mohamed Ibrahim brace ensured Zamalek maintained their perfect run under Helmy Toulan, with a win against Petrojet.
Reigning Egyptian Premier League champions Zamalek have won both matches since the departure of Scottish manager Alex McLeish earlier this month.
FC Basel target Mostafa Fathi was handed a starting berth, as the Swiss club had delegates watching from the stands.
The Whites would have taken the lead early in the game when Emmanuel Mayuka came close, but his effort was off-target.
Mohamed Ibrahim finally put the hosts in front in the 23rd minute, after playing a slick one-two with Mayuka.
Petrojet hit the crossbar as they pushed for an equalizer in the second half; the visiting side had other chances, but goalkeeper Gennesh was equal to every effort.
Ibrahim completed his brace four minutes before time, with Ahmed Hamoudi assisting to seal victory for Zamalek who have temporarily reduced Al Ahly’s lead at the top to five points.