Zamalek have reportedly refused to let their player Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh join the Egyptian locals national...
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
VIDEO: Mohamed Ibrahim brace leads Zamalek to victory
A Mohamed Ibrahim brace ensured Zamalek maintained their perfect run under Helmy Toulan, with a win against Petrojet.
Reigning Egyptian Premier League champions Zamalek have won both matches since the departure of Scottish manager Alex McLeish earlier this month.
FC Basel target Mostafa Fathi was handed a starting berth, as the Swiss club had delegates watching from the stands.
The Whites would have taken the lead early in the game when Emmanuel Mayuka came close, but his effort was off-target.
Mohamed Ibrahim finally put the hosts in front in the 23rd minute, after playing a slick one-two with Mayuka.
Petrojet hit the crossbar as they pushed for an equalizer in the second half; the visiting side had other chances, but goalkeeper Gennesh was equal to every effort.
Ibrahim completed his brace four minutes before time, with Ahmed Hamoudi assisting to seal victory for Zamalek who have temporarily reduced Al Ahly’s lead at the top to five points.