Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
VIDEO: Mohamed Ibrahim brace leads Zamalek to victory
A Mohamed Ibrahim brace ensured Zamalek maintained their perfect run under Helmy Toulan, with a win against Petrojet.
Reigning Egyptian Premier League champions Zamalek have won both matches since the departure of Scottish manager Alex McLeish earlier this month.
FC Basel target Mostafa Fathi was handed a starting berth, as the Swiss club had delegates watching from the stands.
The Whites would have taken the lead early in the game when Emmanuel Mayuka came close, but his effort was off-target.
Mohamed Ibrahim finally put the hosts in front in the 23rd minute, after playing a slick one-two with Mayuka.
Petrojet hit the crossbar as they pushed for an equalizer in the second half; the visiting side had other chances, but goalkeeper Gennesh was equal to every effort.
Ibrahim completed his brace four minutes before time, with Ahmed Hamoudi assisting to seal victory for Zamalek who have temporarily reduced Al Ahly’s lead at the top to five points.