Al Ahly striker Souleymane Coulibaly was pleased with his performance against Sokar El-Hawamdia...
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
OFFICIAL: Haras, Ghazl relegated to Egyptian second division
After Arab Contractors’ 2-1 defeat of Al Masry, Haras El-Hodood and Ghazl El-Mahalla have been mathematically relegated.
Haras will be participating in the Egyptian second division starting from the 2016/17 season, ending a run of 14 consecutive top-flight seasons.
Ghazl El-Mahalla were also relegated after Arab Contractors’ win, seeing as the former came out as losers in the head-to-head with both Arab Contractors and Aswan.
Alexandria-based Haras only managed to collect nine points from 28 matches, 22 less than both Arab Contractors and Aswan.
First half strikes from Ragab Nabil and Dodo El-Gabbas consigned the woeful hosts to their 21st league defeat in 2015/16, a league worst along with the joint-fewest goals scored (12) and the most goals conceded (46).
Despite sitting at the bottom of the Egyptian Premier League table, Haras have actually won a match this season, as opposed to second-bottom Ghazl El-Mahalla, who have failed to come out on top in any of their 27 fixtures to date.
Ghazl have 10 points, nine less than Ittihad El-Shorta, who occupy the last of the three relegation spots as things stand.