Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
OFFICIAL: Haras, Ghazl relegated to Egyptian second division
After Arab Contractors’ 2-1 defeat of Al Masry, Haras El-Hodood and Ghazl El-Mahalla have been mathematically relegated.
Haras will be participating in the Egyptian second division starting from the 2016/17 season, ending a run of 14 consecutive top-flight seasons.
Ghazl El-Mahalla were also relegated after Arab Contractors’ win, seeing as the former came out as losers in the head-to-head with both Arab Contractors and Aswan.
Alexandria-based Haras only managed to collect nine points from 28 matches, 22 less than both Arab Contractors and Aswan.
First half strikes from Ragab Nabil and Dodo El-Gabbas consigned the woeful hosts to their 21st league defeat in 2015/16, a league worst along with the joint-fewest goals scored (12) and the most goals conceded (46).
Despite sitting at the bottom of the Egyptian Premier League table, Haras have actually won a match this season, as opposed to second-bottom Ghazl El-Mahalla, who have failed to come out on top in any of their 27 fixtures to date.
Ghazl have 10 points, nine less than Ittihad El-Shorta, who occupy the last of the three relegation spots as things stand.