Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
OFFICIAL: Haras, Ghazl relegated to Egyptian second division
After Arab Contractors’ 2-1 defeat of Al Masry, Haras El-Hodood and Ghazl El-Mahalla have been mathematically relegated.
Haras will be participating in the Egyptian second division starting from the 2016/17 season, ending a run of 14 consecutive top-flight seasons.
Ghazl El-Mahalla were also relegated after Arab Contractors’ win, seeing as the former came out as losers in the head-to-head with both Arab Contractors and Aswan.
Alexandria-based Haras only managed to collect nine points from 28 matches, 22 less than both Arab Contractors and Aswan.
First half strikes from Ragab Nabil and Dodo El-Gabbas consigned the woeful hosts to their 21st league defeat in 2015/16, a league worst along with the joint-fewest goals scored (12) and the most goals conceded (46).
Despite sitting at the bottom of the Egyptian Premier League table, Haras have actually won a match this season, as opposed to second-bottom Ghazl El-Mahalla, who have failed to come out on top in any of their 27 fixtures to date.
Ghazl have 10 points, nine less than Ittihad El-Shorta, who occupy the last of the three relegation spots as things stand.