ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
FIFA appoint Fatima Samoura as Jerome Valcker’s predecessor
United nations (UN) official Fatima Samoura breaks the ground to become first female and non-Europian FIFA General Secretary after being suggested by the incumbent and approved by the council as Jerome Valcker’s predecessor.
The Senegalise who spent 21 years as a UN Official in Nigeria has no experience in Sports but has the backing of the President Gianni Infantino.
“She is used to managing big organizations, big budgets, human resources and finances. She is bringing a fresh wind to FIFA from outside, not somebody from the past. Someone new and can help us to do the right thing in the future,” Gianni Infantino said.
The announcement of the 52-year-old’s appointment was made at the FIFA Congress in Mexico on friday and she will start working at the World governing board in June.