The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
FIFA appoint Fatima Samoura as Jerome Valcker’s predecessor
United nations (UN) official Fatima Samoura breaks the ground to become first female and non-Europian FIFA General Secretary after being suggested by the incumbent and approved by the council as Jerome Valcker’s predecessor.
The Senegalise who spent 21 years as a UN Official in Nigeria has no experience in Sports but has the backing of the President Gianni Infantino.
“She is used to managing big organizations, big budgets, human resources and finances. She is bringing a fresh wind to FIFA from outside, not somebody from the past. Someone new and can help us to do the right thing in the future,” Gianni Infantino said.
The announcement of the 52-year-old’s appointment was made at the FIFA Congress in Mexico on friday and she will start working at the World governing board in June.