Egypt national team coach Hector Cuper praised AS Roma’s winger Mohamed Salah...
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
Goldi defeat 6th of October to seal promotion to third tier
Goldi defeated 6th of October Club 1-0 to seal promotion to the Egyptian third division, in Ibrahim Said’s first managerial season.
Player-manager Ibrahim Said led his side to first place in the fourth division standings, to earn promotion to the third tier in his first foray into coaching.
The club have been enjoying a run of good form this year, and are yet to lose a match in 2016.
It is worth noting that former Zamalek player Ahmed El-Merghany currently plies his trade at Goldi after Ibrahim Said signed him in October of 2015, months after his contract was terminated by Wadi Degla for posting controversial remarks on Facebook.
The player was having trouble finding a new club, until Said offered him a chance in the fourth tier of Egyptian football.