Ghana coach Avram Grant has encouraged his team to do better after their...
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
Goldi defeat 6th of October to seal promotion to third tier
Goldi defeated 6th of October Club 1-0 to seal promotion to the Egyptian third division, in Ibrahim Said’s first managerial season.
Player-manager Ibrahim Said led his side to first place in the fourth division standings, to earn promotion to the third tier in his first foray into coaching.
The club have been enjoying a run of good form this year, and are yet to lose a match in 2016.
It is worth noting that former Zamalek player Ahmed El-Merghany currently plies his trade at Goldi after Ibrahim Said signed him in October of 2015, months after his contract was terminated by Wadi Degla for posting controversial remarks on Facebook.
The player was having trouble finding a new club, until Said offered him a chance in the fourth tier of Egyptian football.