Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Goldi defeat 6th of October to seal promotion to third tier
Goldi defeated 6th of October Club 1-0 to seal promotion to the Egyptian third division, in Ibrahim Said’s first managerial season.
Player-manager Ibrahim Said led his side to first place in the fourth division standings, to earn promotion to the third tier in his first foray into coaching.
The club have been enjoying a run of good form this year, and are yet to lose a match in 2016.
It is worth noting that former Zamalek player Ahmed El-Merghany currently plies his trade at Goldi after Ibrahim Said signed him in October of 2015, months after his contract was terminated by Wadi Degla for posting controversial remarks on Facebook.
The player was having trouble finding a new club, until Said offered him a chance in the fourth tier of Egyptian football.