The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Martin Jol pleased with Al Ahly performances
Al Ahly’s manager Martin Jol was pleased with Al Ahly’s performance against Aswan, as his side romped to a comfortable victory on Thursday.
The Dutch manager expressed his satisfaction with the 0-4 win over Aswan, but wished for more goals from his side.
Jol spoke about the players’ development that occurred in the previous matches: “We practiced corners, and scored three goals from the corner kicks in the last period. The same goes for crosses.”
“Aswan’s pressure at the first few minutes made things seem hard at the beginning, but Al Ahly knew how to win the game,” Jol added.
“We depend on 18 or 19 players including the likes of Saad Samir, Amr El-Sulaya, Mohamed Nagib and John Antwi.”
Jol concluded by saying, “The coming two matches are very important to keep the difference as it is, in addition to the AS Roma match, which will take place in the UAE.”
Al Ahly have collected 62 points, eight more than second-placed Zamalek, after 28 matches.