After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Official: Trezeguet joins Anderlecht permanently
Al Ahly announced that Anderlecht have activated the option to buy clause in Trezeguet’s loan agreement to buy him permanently.
Trezeguet joined Anderlecht on season-long loan with option to buy from Egyptian Premier League giants Al Ahly, with the Egyptian playing seven games with the most successful Belgian football team.
”We have received an official offer from Anderlecht on Wednesday to sign Trezeguet,” Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy ‘Zizo’ said after his side’s game against Aswan in the league.
Mahmoud Trezeguet set to join Anderlecht for €2.3m to become the second-most expensive player in Al Ahly’s history, after former Al Ahly striker Flávio Amado. The Angolan joined Saudi club Al-Shabab for a fee reported to be around €2.75m in 2010.
Trezeguet made 7 appearances for the Belgian giants, assisting once against KV Oostende in the league. Anderlecht are currently second in the Championship play-offs after 7 games, three points behind league leaders Club Brugge.