Nigerian footballing legend Emmanuel Amuneke revealed that he is keen to ply...
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
Hosni Abd-Rabo stripped of Ismaily captaincy
Ismaily have released a statement on their official website to announce the club’s decision to strip Hosni Abd-Rabo of the captain’s armband.
Recent problems between players and the coaching staff had resulted in several players missing two days of training before Ismaily’s 3-2 loss to Misr El-Maqassa.
The Ismaily board released a statement on their official website on Friday, in order to clarify the matter.
The board’s decision is to fine the players that missed two days of training 50,000 pounds, with a 25,000 pound fine for those missing just one day of training.
The board also decided to suspend five players pending an investigation for their roles in the recent problems, namely Hosni Abd-Rabo, Mahmoud Metwally, Islam Gamal, Ahmed Samir and Saad Hosny.
Bahaa Magdy has also been suspended for his actions in the 2-2 draw against ENPPI earlier this month.
Finally, the board has also decided to strip the captaincy from Abd-Rabo until the end of the season.
Ismaily lost 3-2 to Maqassa on Friday, and El-Darawish now sit fourth in the league standings.