A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Hosni Abd-Rabo stripped of Ismaily captaincy
Ismaily have released a statement on their official website to announce the club’s decision to strip Hosni Abd-Rabo of the captain’s armband.
Recent problems between players and the coaching staff had resulted in several players missing two days of training before Ismaily’s 3-2 loss to Misr El-Maqassa.
The Ismaily board released a statement on their official website on Friday, in order to clarify the matter.
The board’s decision is to fine the players that missed two days of training 50,000 pounds, with a 25,000 pound fine for those missing just one day of training.
The board also decided to suspend five players pending an investigation for their roles in the recent problems, namely Hosni Abd-Rabo, Mahmoud Metwally, Islam Gamal, Ahmed Samir and Saad Hosny.
Bahaa Magdy has also been suspended for his actions in the 2-2 draw against ENPPI earlier this month.
Finally, the board has also decided to strip the captaincy from Abd-Rabo until the end of the season.
Ismaily lost 3-2 to Maqassa on Friday, and El-Darawish now sit fourth in the league standings.