AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Hosni Abd-Rabo stripped of Ismaily captaincy
Ismaily have released a statement on their official website to announce the club’s decision to strip Hosni Abd-Rabo of the captain’s armband.
Recent problems between players and the coaching staff had resulted in several players missing two days of training before Ismaily’s 3-2 loss to Misr El-Maqassa.
The Ismaily board released a statement on their official website on Friday, in order to clarify the matter.
The board’s decision is to fine the players that missed two days of training 50,000 pounds, with a 25,000 pound fine for those missing just one day of training.
The board also decided to suspend five players pending an investigation for their roles in the recent problems, namely Hosni Abd-Rabo, Mahmoud Metwally, Islam Gamal, Ahmed Samir and Saad Hosny.
Bahaa Magdy has also been suspended for his actions in the 2-2 draw against ENPPI earlier this month.
Finally, the board has also decided to strip the captaincy from Abd-Rabo until the end of the season.
Ismaily lost 3-2 to Maqassa on Friday, and El-Darawish now sit fourth in the league standings.