Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Hosni Abd-Rabo stripped of Ismaily captaincy
Ismaily have released a statement on their official website to announce the club’s decision to strip Hosni Abd-Rabo of the captain’s armband.
Recent problems between players and the coaching staff had resulted in several players missing two days of training before Ismaily’s 3-2 loss to Misr El-Maqassa.
The Ismaily board released a statement on their official website on Friday, in order to clarify the matter.
The board’s decision is to fine the players that missed two days of training 50,000 pounds, with a 25,000 pound fine for those missing just one day of training.
The board also decided to suspend five players pending an investigation for their roles in the recent problems, namely Hosni Abd-Rabo, Mahmoud Metwally, Islam Gamal, Ahmed Samir and Saad Hosny.
Bahaa Magdy has also been suspended for his actions in the 2-2 draw against ENPPI earlier this month.
Finally, the board has also decided to strip the captaincy from Abd-Rabo until the end of the season.
Ismaily lost 3-2 to Maqassa on Friday, and El-Darawish now sit fourth in the league standings.