Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan spoke about his side’s encounter with Nigeria’s Ifeanyi...
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
Hosni Abd-Rabo stripped of Ismaily captaincy
Ismaily have released a statement on their official website to announce the club’s decision to strip Hosni Abd-Rabo of the captain’s armband.
Recent problems between players and the coaching staff had resulted in several players missing two days of training before Ismaily’s 3-2 loss to Misr El-Maqassa.
The Ismaily board released a statement on their official website on Friday, in order to clarify the matter.
The board’s decision is to fine the players that missed two days of training 50,000 pounds, with a 25,000 pound fine for those missing just one day of training.
The board also decided to suspend five players pending an investigation for their roles in the recent problems, namely Hosni Abd-Rabo, Mahmoud Metwally, Islam Gamal, Ahmed Samir and Saad Hosny.
Bahaa Magdy has also been suspended for his actions in the 2-2 draw against ENPPI earlier this month.
Finally, the board has also decided to strip the captaincy from Abd-Rabo until the end of the season.
Ismaily lost 3-2 to Maqassa on Friday, and El-Darawish now sit fourth in the league standings.