Egypt local national team coach, Hany Ramzy has identified 36 players to...
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Hull City step closer to play-off final with win over Derby
Egyptian right wing-back Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as his side leaped a step closer towards the play-off final.
The second leg is scheduled to take place at the KC Stadium on Tuesday.
Despite continuous pressure from Derby, Hull managed to be productive in front of the goal during the first half, while the hosts failed to cause any threat and had no shots on target.
At the half-hour mark, Abel Hernandez opened the scoring for Hull City after finding Jake Livermore’s pass, to fire a left-footed low shot from outside the penalty box into the bottom right corner of the net.
Five minutes to the break, the guests went 2-0 up, following an own goal by Derby County as Moses Odubajo’s shot was deflected by Jason Shackell into the net.
The Tigers headed down the tunnel with a 2-0 lead at the interval, a very comfortable results for Steve Bruce’s side.
Derby struggled throughout the second half; their attempts to reduce the deficit failed, as Hull City defenders were alert to clear any danger.
Two minutes to full time, Elmohamady missed a chance to score a third for his side, as he broke into the box, but his shot went wide.
In the eighth minute of added time, Hull made it 3-0. Following a poorly executed corner for Derby, the guests launched a counter attack and Andrew Robertson sent the ball into the far corner of the net.
The comfortable win will give the Tigers hope to make an immediate return to the Premier League after being relegated last season.
Sheffield Wednesday defeated Brighton 2-0 in the first leg of the other semi-final. The winners of both semi-finals will face each other in the play-off final at Wembley on May 28.