Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Elneny features as Arsenal snatch second place from Tottenham
Egyptian international Mohamed Elneny came on as a substitute in Arsenal’s 4-0 win against Aston Villa in the last round of the English Premier League.
Mohamed Elneny 11th Premier League appearance saw Arsenal beat Aston Villa in the final game of the campaign to snatch second-place from their bitter rivals Tottenham, who lost to already relegated Newcastle 5-1 at St James’ Park.
Arsenal’s fans didn’t have to wait long as Oliver Giroud opened the scoreline for the hosts after just 5 minutes. The Frenchman converted Nacho Monreal’s cross to give the Gunners an early lead.
Arsenal continued to control the game but couldn’t add the second goal, as they missed chances through Cazorla, Wilshere and Alexis Sanchez ending the first half 1-0 for the Gunners.
In the 69th minute, Arsene Wenger made his first substitution bringing on Mohamed Elneny for Jack Wilshere. The Egyptian could have doubled Arsenal’s lead just four minutes after coming on, but his shot went over after a lovely play between Ozil and Sanchez.
The Gunners continued their fantastic performance, as they scored two goals in just two minutes by Oliver Giroud to complete his hat-trick, taking his tally this season to 24 goals.
In the dying minutes of the game, Arsenal’s captain Mikel Arteta scored his side’s 4th goal to end his last ever Arsenal’s game 4-0 for the Gunners.
The results means Arsenal finished the campaign in second place, Arsenal’s best league position in 11 years, which qualifies to next season’s Champions League group stages.